Anyone Ever Purchase from MacOutfitters?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nasus, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Nasus macrumors member

MacOutfitters is a PA based store that specializes in Apple computers and products. They are closer to me than the Apple store and have responded favorably to my emails. I was wondering if anyone has purchased a computer, specifically an iMac from them?

2. macman221187 macrumors newbie

I have bought a few computers from them! I have bought an imac and a macbook. They are very good, they know what they are talking about. I recently bought my imac from them, and I cant exactly remember who waited on me, he was shorter and had shaggier hair. But he could answer any question I threw at him.

I definitely recommend purchasing from them over apple because they are privately owned. If you ever have a problem, just take i their. I felt more comfortable in their sore than an apple store because it is privately owned.

I think they may have specials going on now on some imacs, last time I was in, they had an entire stack of them. I cant remember the price though.

So yea I would definitely recommend purchasing from them, in fact, my company is going to purchase an xserve off them within the next few months. I work for a large cooperation in pittsburgh. We use windows servers now but are switch to the xserve.

Like i said, look for the shorter man and he had shaggier hair. He was VERY helpful. I went in the evening. Hope this helps! :D

3. JamesRR macrumors newbie

Yes. Bought a Powerbook from them in 1992, when they were called The Computer Forum, and another Mac from them in 2000. They are from the days when all Apple products were sold through exclusive dealers. They always offered good help, especially when you had to go back for a problem. I think their personal attention/local relationships are what's helped them hang on despite all the other outlets for buying Macs now.

4. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Joined today has 2 posts

Also has 2 posts....

Something seems fishy.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Your point being? :rolleyes:

6. JamesRR macrumors newbie

Yeah, once in a while someone has a genuine question that deserves a genuine answer, so I respond. If you have nothing worthwhile to add, why even visit the thread at all?

7. Shivetya macrumors 65816

its not like he made a comment about a recent purchase

8. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I have nothing against the question. In the past there have been people who joined to promote/vouch for fake stores. If this isn't the case then you have my apologies. Was just pointing out something to the op so they could make an informed decision, after all it is their money.

9. Nasus thread starter macrumors member

Well, I certainly always appreciate the input and I was just curious on how they are to deal with especially if you have any issues. I have been to their store a couple of times and they had a really nice event that was very well attended when Leopard came out. You can tell they are very knowledgeable and pretty hard core Mac guys which can be a little intimidating for a newbie like me. I always like to buy local if I can and they do have some nice deals right now. Anyway, I was just hoping to hear from someone who had some experience with them.

10. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Didnt know you had been to their store. I apologize to the two I might have offended. If anyone remembers the verrry long thread from a few years ago with the guy who was on here and stole some money from people who thought they were buying powerbooks and then kept having new names come on saying they bought from him and he was great (run on sentence). Thats what I was thinking about. But yea, sorry about the implying things...

11. Nasus thread starter macrumors member

Sorry natebookpro, I should have been more clear myself - and thank you for trying to look out for a newbie. That is also very much appreciated! :)