Anyone ever purchase RAM from Trans Intl?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by absynthetic, Dec 15, 2010.

1. absynthetic macrumors newbie

So I saw a pretty good deal for 12GB RAM (3x4GB) at OWC, but there's this company called Trans Intl http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?Category=2768&RequestTimeOut=500 that has their own RAM for even cheaper.

However, there's no mention of any sort of warranty. But I have to wonder, is warranty really an issue? Does RAM ever just "go bad"? I don't ever plan on taking it out, so the connector pins eroding isn't really an issue.

Go with the cheaper place or just fork over the extra $22 and go with OWC because they're much more well known?

Unless anyone knows an even CHEAPER place to get RAM? Just not that Geil Memory crap. "Value RAM"... eek

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

I'd be worried about DOA more than the RAM going bad over time. If you're paying that much for the RAM, what's an extra $22 for peace of mind? I've never had RAM fail, but I do know others that have, so it does actually happen. In the end however, the decision is yours.

3. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I recently purchased 8GB of RAM from OWC which was a little more expensive than what I could get through eBay or the internet. But OWC also purchased back the old RAM for $39...so I actually ended up getting it cheaper.

4. absynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but since they're only giving $6 a pop for my three 1GB sticks, I figure I might as well hang on to them, so if I ever need to take my mac in for service at Apple, I can just swap them back in so they can't be all like, "Well yer problem seems to be that there 3rd party RAM."