Anyone ever purchased from these guys ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cpt.Caveman, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Cpt.Caveman macrumors newbie

Hey ppl, I'm about to buy a logic board for my liquid-damaged early 2008 2.4GHz Macbook 13" and the cheapest way to go is eBay, it seems. So far, I could only find these sellers, and I am posting them here along with their profile pages and what not so that you, the wonderful members of MR can give me your opinion about them.

ut.mac
    sonnyside
    vectusllc
    domkuk

If any of you suspects a scam or has actually had any experience with the above users, please let me know.

Cheers

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Read the provided feedback on eBay. That's what it's there for...

3. Cpt.Caveman thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it look to you like I asked you for advice on how to use eBay ? Or maybe, just maybe, I might be in doubt of these users because their feedback is not convincing ? Jesus.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Honestly it does, since you asked for feedback on certain sellers. I merely pointed out that eBay has this "feature" already.

Take ut.mac as an example. 100% positive feedback, an eBay top-rated seller, a 5801 rating, and exactly one negative review in the last 12 months. What exactly is not convincing about this seller?

5. Cpt.Caveman thread starter macrumors newbie

well, he listed the board as used, while the other listed them as new + it's the most expensive of the lot :)

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

eBay already has the rating system in place, with ratings from much more than just MR forum members, resulting in a more accurate sampling. All of those vendors have over 700 feedback ratings, so it's extremely unlikely that they could have faked or skewed the feedback, as could be the case with only a few dozen feedback ratings.

You'll also have much greater success in getting help in this forum if you don't have such a negative attitude toward those who respond when you ask a question.
    Because someone chooses to charge a higher price doesn't mean they can't be trusted. If you don't like the price, buy elsewhere.

7. Cpt.Caveman thread starter macrumors newbie

Apologies.

Thanks for the opinions. It's not that I didn't know all this stuff, but getting a second opinion is a must when spending £200+ :)

Keep posting if you get any ideas or alternative suggestions. I'll keep you posted about my transaction next week. :apple: