Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
This is a new i7 MBP had it a few months and its been doing this only on the intel GPU and never on the Nvidia one.

got to go back but every time they take it in they do more damage than they fix those idiots on the Doofus bar or what ever its called.

web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/mat.e#100013/IMG_0097

Last edited:

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
I am not sure I understand this post. What is the crap that you are seeing?

And yes, the "Genius" bar is a joke, I have only used it for iPhones (I have had 2, my wife and son have them as well) Luckily, the phones have all been working fine, just cables and ear phones have worn out and needed replacing (3 out of 4 sync cables needed to be replaced! They all were worn in the same place. How about a little more Quality Control in the cable department!) but I have not seen a lot of Genius level activity at any of the many Apple stores near me.

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
Can you not see the attached picture?

that is the windows live mail inbox btw.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
OK, the link now works. That's a bit screwed up, but I notice it's only limited to the rendering window rather than the full screen. Does it happen on lots of sites? And does it occur in a different browser (e.g. Firefox) whilst using the Intel GPU?

VolcomLegend

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
lol thats odd i could see it!

ive tryed again along with a link too

Just a tip - probably best not to use your MobileMe gallery for showing that picture since anyone can go back and look at your other photos in that album and you have a couple that could be 'disturbing' to some! ;)

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
OK, the link now works. That's a bit screwed up, but I notice it's only limited to the rendering window rather than the full screen. Does it happen on lots of sites? And does it occur in a different browser (e.g. Firefox) whilst using the Intel GPU?

Well it starts only on the hotmail site normally but then it has a habbit of spreading to the desktop and other tabs in the browser. never tried firefox but since the desktop picture gets screwed also im guessing its not safari

i recently had to reinstall OSX because it wouldnt boot but even after that it started again.

im guessing faulty intel GPU or something

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
Just a tip - probably best not to use your MobileMe gallery for showing that picture since anyone can go back and look at your other photos in that album and you have a couple that could be 'disturbing' to some! ;)

Lol yes i just made a separate gallery :)

my hunting photos haha

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Yeah. For a start I should maybe have suggested Opera :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.