anyone ever tried ebay for macbook battery?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by clevin, Jul 15, 2008.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

The battery looks to be legit, the seller is established with a high positive feedback rating - because of the high volume of sales they have done. If you look more closely you will see that they have had 39 negative feedbacks in the last month and 1007 positive. That negative number is too high for me.

Also, you only have 7 days to return it if there is a problem. I would look for a seller with a 30-day return policy.

(And, quite frankly, I would not buy from a seller with all the goofy stuff in their ad, just my personal preference, but it looks to me like they would not take you seriously! imho, of course.:))

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

thanks, i have generally quite positive experiences with ebay, but I didn't really use it that much.

I will think it over again. :)

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

The way I look at it, if it saves you that much money, you can afford to take a chance! I use eBay alot, and have not had any bad experiences, so I don't like to discourage it.:)

5. LaDirection macrumors 6502

We bought a real Apple MacBook Pro battery on eBay new for almost half the price that Apple sells it. It works like a charm, great deal.