Anyone ever use a HP Design jet 4520 (plotter)?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by lucero1148, Jun 27, 2011.

1. lucero1148 macrumors member

Hi,

Has anyone used a HP design Jet 4520 plotter? I'm using a Mac Pro and a 2011 MacBook Pro 17" and I can't get this plotter to work on either. HP Drivers are pre-installed for Snow Leopard. I have not been able to get this plotter to recognize tif, PS or jpg files. Computer can see the plotter, I have input the correct paper dimemsions, and when I press print, it will pause and not print out.

If anyone has experience with this plotter would you be able to identify what step I'm missing to get this very large paperweight working? The ocal service provider for HP where I work was able to get it to work on a windows computer but not on my Macs. HP's web site was no help at all.

Ilook forward to any response.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

HP is one of those wonderful companies that produces several products with the same or nearly the same model number. The HP DesignJet 4520 42-in. Printer is just one of its many products so affected. The HP DesignJet 4520ps 42-in. Printer is the PostScript version of this plotter. There are other versions such as the HP DesignJet 4520 HD Multifunction Printer, which includes a scanning function. Be sure that the firmware of your plotter is fully updated. The only other advice that I can give you is to make sure that you have selected the proper driver for your specific model. You are correct in that the driver for each of these models is supposed to be bundled with your Snow Leopard installation. Having selected the proper driver, your File/Print dialog box should present you with the proper paper sizes available your plotter.