Anyone exchange their iPhone 6 for a 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Sep 29, 2014.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

I'm not very satisfied with the battery life on my 6 (although I'm getting it replaced tomorrow to try and solve the issue), and overall am just curious to try the 6+ for like a week or two to see if I can get used to the size. Has anyone else tried this? I tried looking for other threads that talked about this, but all I could find were ones where people owned the 6+ and exchanged it for a 6.

The main thing I'm concerned about is having it in my pockets in the gym and it being way to big. Same with regular pants. If anyone else was in the same position as me I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Anyone exchange their iPhone 6 for a 6+?

Seems like every hour, there's a thread like this. Deja vu! Get the one that fits your needs/lifestyle/pants/etc. I don't know why people are having a hard time. Asking for another person's opinion isn't really going to help. :)

For what it's worth there are 6+ owners here who use the phone at the gym or they bring an iPod. BUT then again, what works for one person, may not work for the next.

3. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

i just swapped my 6 for the Plus. Purchased on launch day from Apple.com via AT&T Next. Was very happy with the 6 but after seeing and handling the Plus in store I decided that I had to have it.

Found stock in one of my local Apple Stores and went this afternoon. Had to stand in line but it was pretty easy to do. They did have to cancel my next contract which they could do in store but then I had to call AT&T to push the contract reversal through which took 5 min. Purchased 6+ with no issues on new 2 year contact and got Apple Leather case in blue for it (which I really like).

Sorry for extra info in post but thought it would be good to give for folks who purchased off Apple.com wondering if you can exchange via Apple Store and if Apple Store can handle Next exchanges/returns.

4. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Seriously, though, every 5 minutes there's a new thread... I was hoping I wouldn't have to add to it, hence why I searched for a thread like this before, but all that came up were people complaining the 6 Plus was too big and they switched to a 6. I know the pants thing is completely different depending on who you're asking, but it's still good to hear from others who made the change. :)

5. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I know..................... sigh

6. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thank you for the insight! I'm in the same boat. I love/hate how big the Plus is, but I feel like I'm getting more of my money's worth by buying it instead, especially considering I'm a heavy user and so far the 6 is NOT lasting a day for me, let alone half a day. Not only that, but that display, while ridiculously huge, is beautiful. I'll check the stock at my local store tomorrow and see if I can pick one up!

7. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Contract? YIKES! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Good luck. The battery life alone already is worth it for me. The battery life on the 6, while not terrible, always had me thinking if I had access to a charger everywhere I went.

I really don't find the Plus hard to use. The display is awesome and the phone fits in my front/back pockets just fine.

----------

LOL. I hear you, but not a big deal for me.

9. Jukoer3426 macrumors member

Yeah thread needs to be stickied or something..

I had the 6 and exchanged for a 6 plus after handling it, pocketing etc.. Compared to my 5 was a huge different with the 6 plus, somewhat with the regular 6. Plus you get the OIS and full 1080P HD. I couldn't pass that up.

10. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I swapped. I was originally wanting the 6 Plus on launch day. Looking at it next to the 5, I thought it may had been too big. The security wire on the back of the device didn't help to really get the feel for how thin the Plus is. Not to mention they ran out, so I purchased the 6 instead.

I had the same issue with battery as you. It wouldn't last a day, I would say where the 5 would die around 3pm in a day, the 6 died at 4pm which was still no good. Having gotten used to the size of the 6 quickly, I did not find that same size shock issue with the 6 to 6 plus as I did the 5 to 6 plus. I'll also add there was buyers remorse after a day with the 6 I didn't feel that big a difference in the screen on the 6 vs 5. I kept regretting not buying the Plus.

I have definitely gotten a full day of battery life out of it. I have always used belt holsters and found a good one for the 6 plus, so carrying it has not been an issue. I have been finding the screen size to be excellent, the extra real estate has been handy just for not having to pull out my iPad nearly as much for simple web browsing. I love not having to scroll as much. I have zero remorse on this purchase. This phone has been exactly what I was hoping for it to be.

As for the gym, thats what I have my 5 year old Nano for. :D

11. djgcue macrumors member

I got a sex change twice this week, thinking of switching again. :eek: