iPad Anyone excited for the better display on Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by greg555, Oct 16, 2014.

1. greg555, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

greg555 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad 3 and plan to upgrade. The laminated display and anti-reflection seem like big improvements to me. The performance and weight improvements will also be nice.

At 1:35 of the Verge video you can see a quick comparison of the glare off of the Air 2 versus Mini 3 screens. Looks pretty good to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38rSZIcpp5Q

The side-by-side photo half way down this page shows it even better: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/16/6986065/ipad-air-2-hands-on-photos-video

2. seunosewa macrumors newbie

The iPad Minis have always been more reflective than the Air.
    I'd like to reserve judgment until I see a direct comparison of the iPad Air and iPad Air 2 displays.

3. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

I hope there won't be those issues with the backlight again (see bookspine, obvious brightness distribution issues).

4. Rigby macrumors 601

I am very happy about the anti-glare coating (this has been a major gripe of mine about the iPad for a long time). The first iPad Air should have had both that and Touch ID (since it didn't, I skipped the Air).

Overall, I'm quite happy with the Air 2 and will finally upgrade my trusty iPad 2. Display and Touch ID, improved front and back cameras, CPU and GPU upgrades, Secure Element for Apple Pay online transactions, more LTE bands (important when traveling) ... pretty nice upgrades IMO.

5. greg555 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Didn't know that. I wonder why.

6. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

That's probably the main reason I'm ordering one. If I were sensible I'd wait to see it in the store first to make sure it lives up to the hype, but.......impatient......

7. cababah macrumors 68000

I'll have to see it in person. I currently have no complaints with my Air's display. The only improvement I would like to see is a bump in resolution which the Air 2 doesn't have.

My 6+ has me spoiled with its 401 ppi ;)

8. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Good for me since I'll be going from rMini to air 2

9. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

The laminated display without the air pockets is the most important upgrade in my book. It is my primary reason for upgrading to the Air 2. When the iPad Air was launched I was crushed that it came with the same display as the iPad 4, reflections and all.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

But what about the gamut? I mean, now that it has 2GB of RAM, we need something to complain about...

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I hope the anti glare coating isn't too colorful. Purple/cyan reflections of white lights are so distracting.