Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremy12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
Hello I was just wondering if anyone is have long High reading like 116 or more or over 100 and low reading like 39 I did not do any activities I look in the health app and it shows my bpm I don't recall doing any activities or anything I guess that would start my heart rate
Also if you have any screenshots anything

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Depending on what kind of shape you are in a more unfit person can well exceed 100bpm by just walking around. That same person would not likely see 39 for a resting HR as that is low even for a fit person. Most likely your watch missed some beats and indicated 39 in error.

It does not sound like you have kept track and knowing your HR is a good thing. I would also recommend a good blood pressure monitor to use daily. too.

Jeremy12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
That's the problem am for and I noticed my heart beat us around 60 most of the time

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't worry. My resting heart rate is around 50bmp. It drops to around 40 when I'm mega relaxed or sleeping. It often goes up to around 120 during the day when I'm doing moderate activity like carrying a heavy bag up a few flights of stairs. Mine can also shoot up when I'm nervous or stressed. I was on my way to see a very difficulty client the other day and it reached 100 when I was just driving.

My highest when I've not been exercising is almost 160 and that was during sleep after I had a lot to drink. Hate to think what was going on in my body!

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I've just been looking at the data on my phone and my rate was 117 at one point when I was sitting watching tv on Sunday night. It was 59 ten minutes later.

Don't worry!:)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Hello I was just wondering if anyone is have long High reading like 116 or more or over 100 and low reading like 39 I did not do any activities I look in the health app and it shows my bpm I don't recall doing any activities or anything I guess that would start my heart rate
Also if you have any screenshots anything
Be sure you are wearing the strap correctly. Read here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204666

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Ow I was sitting down
When I golf, I seem to lose the heart rate about 2-5 times in 2 hours and sometimes it shows the last weight when it lost connection and other times it drops to 40-50 range. If I run or walk, I never lose my heart rate but I've experimented with the best location to place the watch. About 1/2 to an inch from the wrist bone. Works perfectly but golfing can make it slide.

If the watch loses a pulse, it drops way down or stays steady at the last weight. I wouldn't worry about it. Just find the best spot to wear it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.