Anyone expecting an AirPods preorder cycle?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mistermcnight, Sep 14, 2016.

1. mistermcnight macrumors member

My $50 coupon from Best Buy from my delayed Apple Watch that expires on 10/14 has me wondering - do you guys think there'll be a preorder window for AirPods, or that they'll just show up in stock one day? Hoping I can use that for AirPods, though not necessarily depending on it.

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Thinks they'll open for pre-order but don't know for how long before available.

3. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Typically when they're cryptic about dates like that it means the end of the month. I'd be surprised to see it in the first two weeks. I hope so for your sake!

4. mistermcnight thread starter macrumors member

If they're coming at the end of the month, and there are preorders, I would hope that the latter opens up by mid-month!

5. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

Do they usually even do preorders for items like this? I thought they just became available....

6. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

They'll become "available" and then quickly sell out for several weeks.

I hope that the later launch date means that they are working on building up a good sized supply of them. Unfortunately I have a feeling that this won't be the case and the chances of getting a pair anytime soon will be hit and miss.

7. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

They say an October to late October release date.. I'm banking on preorders to start end of this month or the first week of October. However, I could also see them not do preorders on this product and have it be a silent update on their website if/when they announce the new macbook pro's/ipads.

8. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

Based on the numbers, 1B iPhone users and 15M AW users, I would think the quantity of Airpods to sell would be in the range of 15M to 25M, by the end of the year.

That's a lot of ears wanting to be filled.

But then, that's just earsay.

9. playaproved macrumors 6502

I check BestBuy.com and the Apple Store everyday for a AirPods preorder. I'd rather have my order locked in rather than calling/running all over the place looking for them when they release.