Anyone expeirenced this?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Geoff., May 7, 2010.

1. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I jailbroke my 3GS 3.1.3 MC Model with spirit and the phone seems sluggish, when i click home it notictably takes longer for the icons to come on the screen. Also opening apps takes longer.

When i reboot my phone it always says i have a low percent of battery life and then it jumps back up to the original amount. Also charging takes WAYYY longer and battery life isnt as good.

Its really weird i don't know what to do :( i might restore to stock firmware :(

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Sometimes things can be a little messed up if you do it without a clean install. If you restore your phone and set up as a new device and then jailbreak you should be 100%.

Other than that... I haven't yet heard of anyone with your issues. I just know the above steps are more reliable if problems arise.

3. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Ok thanks.

Btw can i do this.

Restore to original firmware and backup my phone so i dont lose contacts/sms or can i not backup because my backup will be from when my phone was jailbroken.

And then not jailbreak and just stay stock

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Sure. That will still work. Your contacts should sync with your computer and be put back on your iPhone when you re-sync though, even if you do set it up as a new phone. The only thing you won't get back are SMS histories.

5. Zell84 macrumors member

I did a clean restore to 3.1.3, set-up as a new iPhone, then JB'd on Spirit, and the phone isn't sluggish at all. Running at 160mb free memory even after all the Cydia apps I installed. Should work for you too.

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I have the same issue with the battery meter jumping all around. but I am not having any other issues that you are reporting and I have a 3gs 3.1.3

7. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

But what i mean is can I restore to stock and then used a iTunes backup or is that a bad idea because the backup will be from when the phone was JB

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yea, that'll still work. There may be some traces from your jailbreak in there if you installed anything from Cydia though.