Anyone experience problems with Klipsh S4i?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hassouni, Apr 15, 2010.

1. hassouni macrumors member

I got a set of S4i earphones recently for use with my jailbroken 3GS. Recently, the volume/play/pause/ffw/rew buttons dont work. I haven't used them very much, and lately when I plugged them in after a few weeks of them lying around, the buttons just didn't function. Is this a defect with the earphones or could it be some complication due to jailbreaking?

2. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I have a jailbroken 3G and haven't experienced any problems. The volume buttons never worked for me since it's a 3G, but the play/pause button works fine.

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have the s4i's and have used them on my Jailbroken and non-Jailbroken 3GS. No problems whatsoever with any of the stick controls. Perhaps you have a defective pair?

4. hassouni thread starter macrumors member

Well I called Klipsch and they're going to replace them no questions asked, so that's good...

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

other than they dont stay in the ear....sold mine long ago on ebay.

6. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

^Same here. I thought it was my imagination or I had odd ears. But I bought comply foam tips and now they're perfect. ;)

7. petonic macrumors newbie

I have the same earplugs, and they work great.

You actually might be suffering from "dirt in the 3.5mm jack" syndrome. Dust bunnies in your pocket? Do you carry your phone in your pocket?

If dust gets in the earplug hole, then it will prevent the jack from fully inserting, which means that the 4th ring doesn't connect, which means that the buttons don't work. It's a pretty common problem. Solution is to pick around with a toothpick or take scotch tape and make a little cylinder and use that to swab it out. Do not use a metal pick or pin, and don't use compressed air, as that could force some dust onto the screen from the inside (where it will bug the **** out of you until you upgrade phones).

-Mike