Anyone experience these problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geekminer, Aug 30, 2008.

1. geekminer macrumors newbie

I have a 16gb 3G ~ 1 month old. Have noticed the following 2 problems and was wondering if anyone else has similar issue. (1) My home button is very erratic - sometimes takes several double clicks to go to home screen. (2) once in a while when asked to enter my security code to unlock, I see the ipod volume control appear in the top of the screen. I tried capturing the screen shot but when I attempt, it clears. I also restored as new phone and problem still there. Have an appt with apple on Sunday. Thanks

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The random volume icon popping up is a known issue; the home button, not so much. Might wanna take it in.

3. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I haven't noticed those issues. I just noticed the other day some horizontal lines across the center of the screen:mad:

4. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Is this when you push the sleep/wake button to sleep the phone?

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Try restarting the phone and then restoring it! Should solve the irk....
    Btw does the home button work when you press it real hard or is it random?

The home button might be an issue but the volume thing is definitely nothing that you'll have to get it replaced!

6. geekminer thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to push the home button very hard. Its very hit and miss. I did a complete restore as a new phone per Apple and problem did no go away. Plan to get a replacement -

7. geekminer thread starter macrumors newbie

Update...

:D I went to Apple store this AM and was impressed. Told them about my sticky home button, someone looked at it and gave me a new one no problem. And it was in a white box - asked the genius if it was new - he said yes. Looks feels and acts new. First apple warranty experience was excellent -