Anyone experiencing buggy NOTES app on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Aug 6, 2010.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Whenever I type something in the Notes app made by Apple on the iPhone 4, it always randomly deletes information I typed and stored in it. Some of this material was really important. Now I have started typing it and screen-shotting it, but I don't want to keep doing this forever. Anyone else experience this bugginess? I never had this problem on my previous iPhone models.

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

It's not a bug...turn off note syncing...this happened to me as well

3. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Yep, I turned off the note syncing and they stopped disappearing.
    What's odd is that my husband has it on and his notes don't get deleted. :confused:

4. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

What is note syncing and why does it get deleted? I didn't even plug my iPhone 4 to my laptop and sync, it just deletes it instantly after I type and save it. Thanks for the tip though, I will try that.

5. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

And where or how do I turn of note-syncing? I only see a notes area on my iPhone under e-mail but doesn't say anything about that.. If you are referring to uncheck it on iTunes under Info --> Other --> Sync Notes... It was never check-marked in the first place... any help?

6. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

its in the email part of settings

7. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Note syncing happens over the air through your various email accounts it's in the email settings as mentioned above

8. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is this where under each e-mail address it says to turn mail and notes on or off? I have notes on for one of them, I just turned it off.

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I haven't seen that so far but I don't use Notes daily or anything. I'll keep an eye out for it now, though!

10. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

The Notes Application is designed to stay synced in real time.

Turning it off defeats the purpose and is not the way to go.

I have note syncing turned on at all times, it's never a problem.

I create about thirty new notes per day and truly rely on OTA sync. This is one of the fastest syncing apps I've ever experiencing not to mention how nice it is to have both my new MacBook Pro & iPhone 4 current with all mtg notes. The search function is also unusually fast.