Anyone experiencing problems with 3 finger move/drag?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by CodeBreaker, Oct 8, 2011.

1. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

As the title says, I cannot do 3 finger drags properly. This is quite frustrating when rearranging Apps in Launchpad, widgets, resizing objects in Interface Builder and tuning amps in GarageBand. This is particularly annoying in Interface Builder where the system gets confused on whether I am selecting, moving or resizing. Single finger drags seem to work perfectly but 3 fingers just don't.

I have temporarily enabled 1-finger-double-tap-dragging but I prefer using 3 fingers.

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

im a big user of the multi-touch and I found Lion to be no where near as responsive as SL. Id swipe 3 finger forwards and back and sometimes it wouldnt register. Same thing for using the flick thing for launch pad. can take multiple times to get it to work. 3 finger browsing in SL works perfect every single time when I upgraded back to SL

3. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm only having problems with 3 finger drag/resize/select/move gestures. Other gestures are quite ok. I hope 10.7.2 fixes these issues.

4. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

I use three-finger drag big time with no problem. What kind of problem gives you?

By the way do you swipe between apps with four fingers?

5. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

The system seems to be confused on whether I'm dragging, moving or resizing. It's really hard to explain without a video, but here are two annoying cases:
    1. Move a widget in dashboard and remove your fingers from the trackpad. If you try to move another widget after a while, the first widget keeps moving (even if I single click to select the other widget)
    2. In Interfce Builder, I am almost never able to resize objects with 3 fingers. I point the cursor properly (resize arrows show), but if I drag, the object moves or it ends up in a marequee selection. It works fine with 1 finger resize

When turning amp dials in GarageBand, the gestures don't register properly, resulting in abrupt changes. And there is always a noticeable delay between the finger movement and actual processing by the system.

I use four fingers for Mission Control and to switch between spaces.

6. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

Could you record it with QuickTime and upload the video?

7. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502