Anyone experiencing same problem with new MacBook unibody?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vtbean, Nov 3, 2009.

1. vtbean macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MBu last night and while I was playing with it I noticed that it makes a rattling sound when I shake the computer. It sounds like the keyboard keys are moving or maybe one of the internal parts is not in place :confused: Anyone has any input about this issue? Please let me know if you've heard/seen same problem before. I'm debating whether I should take this to the Apple store... Thanks guys!:D

2. copykris Suspended

copykris

3. vtbean thread starter macrumors newbie

Well...I wasn't really shaking it...it makes weird noise when I "tilt" the computer (I was doing my usual hardware check :D) Someone from the other post told me it's a harddrive tilt sensor? that prevents it from getting damaged. Is it true?

4. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

the sensor that tells the hard drive to turn off is a 3-axis accelerometer which as far as im aware is solid state, its got no moving parts.

5. hamish5178 macrumors member

I don't think you know what you're talking about; a hard drive with no moving parts?

6. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Mine is dead silent might be the shock sensor turning on when you move it fast.

7. copykris Suspended

copykris

he's talking about the accelerometer

8. brendu macrumors 68020

it pulls the needle off the spinning HDD so that it wont scratch if you drop it, thats the clicking noise you are hearing. There must be moving parts if it is physically moving the needle off the disk.