Anyone experiencing terrible download times

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wbutchart, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Wbutchart macrumors regular

I started at 6pm uk time, came home at 10pm, 1/4 downloaded, 5 hours remaining, it has now given up and I am back to requesting update.

Rather frustrating!

2. Razeus macrumors 603

I came home for lunch at 12:10pm. I plug in my iPhone to my iMac and used iTunes to check for updates.

iOS 8 was downloaded in 6 minutes and installed on my iPhone 5S in another 10.

The quickest and easiest update ever. Of course no one was probably online at the time, so we'll how this goes tonight when everyone is home from work and school and using Netflix & Youtube & downloading iOS 8 when I do my iPad Air and my wife's iPhone. :eek:

3. DarkAnnie macrumors member

DarkAnnie

On my iPhone 5s: "Estimated time remaining: 39 hours!" :eek:

My iPad took about 30 minutes to complete.

4. Wbutchart thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but I shouldn't have to, apple should be able to roll something out without constant screw ups.

I mean, surely its common sense to roll at 10am local time by country, hence titrating the server loads throughout the 24 hour period instead of this mess. It's becoming increasingly frequent now that my main experience as an apple user is frustration.

5. lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Jeez same story every time...just wait one (1) day and your download and install will be done in 3 minutes...

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

How is millions of people downloading an update Apple's fault? Quit being so impatient. Do you blame the department of transportation for rush hour traffic too?

7. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I don't know about this guy but yes, I do.

8. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

I was about to make a post about how no one could beat my estimated time remaining of 15 hours, but you sir win:eek:

9. Razeus macrumors 603

Just updated my iPad Air. Downloaded in 6 minutes, installed and is now rebooting. Smooth as my iPhone 5S update earlier this afternoon. I guess Apple's new CDN network is crazy fast and that Comcast made good on those big payments Apple gives them for bandwidth.

10. Wbutchart thread starter macrumors regular

Because planning a three year old could do could easily resolve the problem. This is not a problem that must occur, it's a problem that Apple create by how they release upgrades. So frustration is entirely reasonable.

11. gpspad macrumors 6502a

I got lucky in the afternoon and updated my 5s and rMini at a friends house with comcast.

Last night tried to update a iPod Touch5g and parents mini. Tried for like 4 hrs, could not get either to start a download. Even tried downloading via itunes. Will try again late tonight, no rush just figured all the servers were busy.