Anyone familiar with Logic Boards on the MBP's? Need help with hellish repair.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pamon, Jan 4, 2009.

1. pamon macrumors 6502

I've had it with the Apple Genius's as they've damaged my MBP upon repair twice and I need to replace the logic board myself. Are these user replaceable or is there any online service place for these?

Also need to know if the memory section where you plug in additional memory is on the logic board or not..

In short, bought mine in Jan 08, had issues with trackpad and keyboard seizures and had it repaired for no cast in april. Last month went to another store and they're stating the extra memory I bought from OWC was installed improperly and the metal clips on the outside of the memory that hold it in caused damage to the logic board..

They're also stating liquid damage which they're isn't any and i've got like 10 white spots on the display with I can't determine if the logic board replacement would cure.

Anyone with logic board knowledge here? Thanks

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I wouldn't do that since it's so expensive..and a possibility of voiding your applecare..

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

if it's under applecare, take it to a another shop. Or call the applecare help line.