anyone familiar with these "ebay" cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psywzrd, Jul 13, 2009.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

2. fredf macrumors 6502

I saw a review of those on youtube (?memorpheus) and he thought it was pretty good quality for the price.

I bought a different one but from these people that I was happy with:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/FuturStoreHK__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I'm pretty sure they have the same one you're looking at, as well as a Solo knock off that I bought for $5 (free shipping) that I am pretty happy with.

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Got any pics of the one you bought? I like that none of the buttons are covered in any way but I want to see how much bulk these cases add.

4. V4705 macrumors 6502

its like the generic snap-on case, just with 2 pieces.

it fits fine on the 3g, i think it will be loose on the first gen.

try the fake solo fx first.

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't like the solo - I'm not a fan of the buttons being covered in any way. I always think they'll be much harder to press.

6. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I have this case waiting for me at the post office (the one similar to capsule neo) in white/chrome. I'm picking it up tomorrow and I'll let you know how it is. I also have the fake solo fx. I went on a major case-buying spree on ebay a couple weeks ago. Got about 20 cases for $45, and so far each one has been awesome!

7. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I went ahead and ordered one of these cases (only $8.99 shipped). I'll try to post some good pics and a review once I get it. Assuming this case doesn't add much bulk and doesn't scratch the phone (no slider action), it looks like a pretty nice case but we'll see once I get it.

8. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

9. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

10. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Got my case today.. here's some pics:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I like it! Took me a while to figure out that to put the plastic middle part on, you have to start from the bottom or it won't ever fit right. It's a really nice case BUT it's really hard to get OFF. This has serious potential for scratching up your phone, so beware.

11. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Wow - thank you for posting those pics! That case looks really nice to me; however, it also looks a bit bulky. Do you have any other cases that you can compare it to? The case appears to be bulkier than an Incase Slider and even that case is too bulky for me. I'm specifically looking at the power button and it looks to be pretty far recessed because of the thickness of the case. Definitely a nice-looking case, but I'm glad I only ordered one. I was thinking about ordering several different colors but I figured it made more sense to just order one at first - that way I can make sure I like it before I go spending more money.

12. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

13. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

The only popular case I can compare it to is the iFrogz Luxe case, and it's just slighty bulkier than that. It's most bulky at the top and bottom, and yes the power button is more recessed than I'd like. If it was easier to take off I'd order more colors because I like the way it looks & feels, and I love that it protects the chrome bezel with chrome (well, chrome-colored plastic), so I still get that look that I like. But I really had to fight that thing to get it off. So I doubt I'll use it much for that reason alone.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

wow

I think comparing it to Ifrogz is giving it way too much credit. I have two of these cases I honestly don't care for them one of them has a bad finish a looks like the buttons cut outs were cut with a dremmel and I can barely get my fingers near the volume buttons. Honestly I glad I only paid $3 sipped for mine! my favote case so far Seideo along with the holster it also protects the bezel then my Ifrogz! I will try to get some pics of my cases tomorrow to compare I also doubt these will protect as well as the Seideo and Ifrogz case!

15. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

It's too bad that these cases aren't impressive in person because they sure do look nice in the pictures. I really want a case similar to this that has a lay-on-the-table design, leaves all buttons exposed and is as thin as possible. The only similar ones I've seen so far are the Seidio Innocase (I already have one but don't like the cutout on the back), Incase Slider (a bit bulkier than the Innocase and a reputation for scratching the phone) and the Ifrogz Luxe (my first one didn't fit quite right and I'm not sure about the raised button the back - I'm waiting for another Luxe to come so I'm hoping that one will be better). I know that there's also the Inspiretech, which is very similar to the Innocase (no cutout though) - that one didn't get great reviews on Amazon. Am I missing anything?

16. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

No, I totally agree that the iFrogz is a superior case. Psywzrd asked if I could compare it to any cases in terms of bulkiness, and it's the only popular case I've owned and could use as a comparison. But no way is it as good a case as iFrogz Luxe. I do wonder how it compares to the real Capsule Neo case, though.

17. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Well one thing I do know about the capsule Neo is that the buttons are not totally exposed. I also hear that the Neo membrane is extremely delicate and easy to rip (I guess that's why they give you two).

Do you guys know of any other cases that fit the criteria I mentioned above?

18. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

boguth one from this guy on ebay....that was on 6/24 and it hasn't arrived...I sent him a message on eaby and he told me that he didn't get my notification on color and would resend me 3 cases and a screen protector free...I might hand one of these out when they come

19. bova80 macrumors 6502a

i just got this case last week and it really isn't that bad. doesn't add a whole lot of thickness to it and seems like it will protect it. i also just ordered the griffin reveal so it will be replacing this one.

20. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Does the one you have appear to be as thick as the one sparrky posted pictures of above?

21. bova80 macrumors 6502a

its the same exact one but they aren't as thick as the picture suggests.

22. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

That's a long wait, mine came in under a week.

23. kicko macrumors 65816

its a bit bulky for my taste but wow do those pics look good. I wonder how well it will hold up to abuse?

24. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I definitely agree that it looks nice but bulky - that's why I'm still looking for something similar but thinner. There really aren't that many choices out there for something that's really thin but with lay on the table design and exposed buttons.

25. kicko macrumors 65816

The apple design on the back is what really sets this case off.

Iskin solo is my favorite at ATM. I was coming from a speck candyshell that was too bulky for me. I have a red/white & gray/orange used i'm willing to part with for a fair price or trade. PM me.

Some cases look nice but fail in protection, in fact i'll go out there and say ALL cases fail in one way, shape, or form. Everyone is looking for something different. It's very hard to please everyone. I like minimal but not too minimal, and not too bulky.