Anyone feel guilty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by werkedm3, Jun 8, 2008.

1. werkedm3 macrumors member

Let's face it, we all know the new iPhone is just around the corner, and a lot of us are trying to unload our old ones. I am slated to sell mine tomorrow to someone local for $350 (8GB). I feel kinda bad, but not that bad. Anyone else?

2. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

No. Maybe people actually need to start researching before they buy stuff.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

My iPhone eBay auction ends Sunday night at 8:45.
    I don't feel bad about it at all.
    If the person doesn't pay right away, then sees new iPhone announcement Monday and ends up never paying, then I'll feel bad.

4. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

i feel guilty for doing this to this little fellow.

[​IMG]

he got really dizzy afterwards.

5. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

poor thing.

to the selling of iPhones, and i say if the people arent smart enough to check, play on their weaknesses..

that was mean.

6. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

You can't assume that people don't know what's coming out or their motivation for buying the current model. The person that bought mine has bought quite a few of them and he paid a very nice price for mine. He definitely knows what's up, but either has an addiction :)p ) or he has a way to make a profit off of them.

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I would feel bad if I actually had one and sold it like you guys... since the new 3G iPhone is likely going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than they are going for on eBay

8. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

People will pay what they think something is worth.

If I get over $300 for mine (which seems certain at this point), I'll be quite happy and that much closer to buying the new iPhone.

9. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Well, at first I was thinking, how are these people paying this much. Then I was talking to a co-worker (guy from India) and he told me that these phone costs them about 30,000 rupees (750 US) so actually paying 100 - 200 more then what the phone is worth is a good deal. Now I feel better.

He also said, they would rather buy from eBay unlocked instead of buying from Apple and doing it themselves as not everyone feels comfortable unlocking it.

10. phinnaeus macrumors member

I came home one day and there were about 100 people at my house throwing me a surprise party. I kicked them all out because I didn't invite them.

It felt good.

11. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

people need to be good consumers and do some research. some people are just plain lazy!