iPad Anyone feel that iPad Air screen looks better than rMini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by farqueue, Nov 30, 2013.

1. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue

Just did a side by side comparison with the air against the rMini. Same brightness, same webpage (NY times, macrumors) on safari or even angry birds, but the air just looks much better despite more PPI on the rMini than the Air?

p/s: No, I'm not a 65 yr old grandfather with bad eyesight. My eyes are perfectly fine - 20/20 corrected.

2. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

Please. For the love of all things holy let's not start this again. :eek:

OP. This has been discussed ad nauseam already.

3. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Yes.

Please refer to the dozens of posts already here in the forums.

4. Misskitty macrumors 6502

Ive been saying this all along but no one wants to believe me. The air has a much nicer screen.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

What on earth are you talking about? Of course the Air has a better screen, and the vast majority of people here acknowledge the fact. Just because people are saying the narrower gamut of the rMini isn't a deal breaker for them doesn't mean they think the rMini has a better screen. There are maybe 3 or 4 people here who have stated a preference for the rMini screen.

Some people *cough* seem to gravitate toward hyperbole and drama in their posts. Things are rarely as big a deal as they make them out to be.

6. Misskitty macrumors 6502

Some on here said the mini is sharper due to smaller size.

7. ichavis macrumors newbie

This is like ground hog day for rMini to Air comparisons. Bury it and enjoy your favorite iPad for the holidays.

8. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

9. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

Anandtech did a review on the retina mini, that is, in my opinion, very good.

http://anandtech.com/show/7519/apple-ipad-mini-with-retina-display-reviewed

Whether the Air "looks much better" is a subjective evaluation. Some people think it does, and others think that, except for size, the differences are small.

Personally, I hardly notice the difference myself. But then to me the retina mini display seems much nicer than the original, and others think those two are practically the same. We're all different, sensitive different issues and with different things we're looking for in a device. And while there are objective measurable differences documented in a review like Anand's, what that ultimately means is going to be different for different people.

10. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I thought so after seeing in the mini in the store but I think it was jus psychological. After hearing of complaints, I am guessing that some mini screens are flawed but a bug free mini probably has as good a display as an Air.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Had an opportunity to see an Air and a rMini side by side at a store last night. The color difference is noticable, but it's like how different TV sets have different colors. If your living room TV and your bedroom TV colors don't match exactly, you just shrug and live with it, you don't demand that different TV sets have the exact same colors. Both Air and rMini colors are good for normal use. You just have to accept that they are not the same.

12. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

13. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

I'm a little unsure about your claim of having 20/20 vision. Somehow you have missed 100+ post on this forum covering the same subject.

14. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I can't remember what we talked about on this forum prior to the rmini being released. A part of my life is missing.

15. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

How dare they have that opinion!

16. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Better how...? :p

17. puma1552 macrumors 601

I can't believe we are still doing this.

Can't people read any of the topics on the first page? Do people really think their topic is novel weeks after the products have been released?

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Yeah and the redundant ones always use the same wording.."am I the only one" or "anyone else". As if there are any vacuums with a multiple million selling product.

19. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

It's been proven that the Air display actually IS better. It has a wider color gamut.

20. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Well if the identical specs Air vs rMini has a 15-20% price difference, there's no point in comparing since the only spec difference is the screen. If you don't think you get more for paying more, take a quick read read from economics 101.