Anyone figure out how to create our own "HD/SD" containers in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cowm007, Nov 15, 2008.

1. cowm007 macrumors regular

I just downloaded my first HD+SD TV show from itunes and love the way they implemented switching between versions. I have a lot of HD shows like LOST and Weeds and currently have two versions (HD + SD) of each which clutters the library a bit.

I've been playing around with the XML library file and noticed there's a new HD true/false key. I also noticed that there's only one entry for a show that has an HD and an SD version. However, not really sure where to go from here. Anyone have any idea how to make it so that iTunes groups my HD/SD shows together?

2. kkachurak macrumors regular

I had this problem, too.

Then I upgraded iTunes using software update and it was fixed immediately. Are you running the latest version of iTunes?

3. etandrib macrumors newbie

I think he is talking about his own content and not stuff from iTunes. I have a bunch of movies that I've ripped and I'd like to do the same thing. It is really useful for cleaning up the library since right now I have two copies side by side of everything.

4. ross.32 macrumors 6502

I am also interested in this is anyone figured it out.

5. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Try looking through iTunes' AppleScript dictionary to see if there are any new commands for handling this.
    Try studying the files to see if there is new QuickTime metadata. Check out AtomicParsley.

6. angle macrumors regular

There is a (sort of) discussion going on over here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=564994) trying to figure this out. If you find any research, add it to this thread. Once we finally get it all settled I'll create a new thread detailing the procedures.