Anyone file an Asurion insurance claim on iPhone 5 recently.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Technarchy, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I gave my iPhone 5 16gb to my wife when I upgraded to the 5S.

Well the volume down button died on the iPhone 5, but I have insurance through ATT.

The carrier is obviously Asurion but they say they are backordered on iPhone 5 models.

Anyone that has filed a claim recently, what did they replace it with? 5S? 5C?

I'm willing to bet iPhone 5 replacements are getting pretty rare.

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

My brothers iPhone 5 was replaced with a 5S same color as his old phone along with the same capacity.They wouldn't give him the C.

3. mich070 macrumors regular

Wooow nice! How is this possible?
    I am facing some problems with batter drain, and i guess that soon before my warranty expires i will give it back to get a new one. But i guess that apple is putting the parts of old iphone's together in order to make a "new" one. But i don t know i also heard that the iphone 5 was getting rare! So it would be really nice to get it replaced through the newer model haha

4. Asurion Cares macrumors newbie

Asurion Cares

Asurion Claim - Which Phone Will I Get?

Hi Technarchy!

We strive to replace your device with like make and model. If your device is currently not available at the time you file your claim, we will offer a comparable model to get your up and running again quickly. The model offered will depend on several factors such as features and availability at the time of your claim.

Similar to a store, our inventory is constantly changing. Availability cannot be confirmed until the claim is filed. You will be made aware of the device you are being sent prior to completing your claim. Of course all replacements come with a warranty and you always have the option to speak to a customer service representative if you are concerned about what is being offered.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We're here to help!

Thanks!