Anyone find a properly fitting All Black Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mauigizmo, Oct 7, 2012.

1. mauigizmo macrumors member

Like a lot of you here I too ordered the Poetic bumper from Amazon, only to find out that they did not make the cutout for the charging cord correctly.
    I was able to fix it with an exacto knife but still not happy with the volume +/- buttons and am looking to replace it with something of a little better quality (looking for black for black iPhone 5).
    I know from what I've read on these forums that the same company seems to have made the Poetic, Photive and Monoprice bumpers, so I'm ruling those out.
    I even tried a Macallay, which had the same problem but better +/- buttons, but decided to return that, I felt that for a $15 bumper I should not have to make the proper cutout on it.
    Anyone have any better luck than what I've found so far?
    Any suggestions are appreciated

2. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

I bought a bumper case from a flea market yesterday and it fits fine and the cable port is open enough for it to fit. I only paid $5 for it and it feels great.

3. mpossoff macrumors 68020

4. milk242 macrumors 6502a

Try on eBay. Search for "iPhone 5 bumper metal buttons" The metal button variant has pretty good cut outs for all the ports. The buttons are a lot better than the rubber ones on the poetic one but it can be a hit or miss. Sometimes they don't glue the metal button on properly but for a couple bucks its worth it to me to order a couple of them from different vendors.

5. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Bestcase bumper at Target. It comes in black and white.

6. mauigizmo thread starter macrumors member

7. chrizg macrumors newbie

chrizg

I have given up on finding a bumper for now. I have the Monoprice and I tried the bestcasebumper at target and they both suck. Do not have the feel of the apple bumper on my 4. The edge on both feels like hard cheap plastic. I have more bumpers coming from dx.com (slowest shipping ever). Ordered a week ago and still not shipped. Also have some coming from random eBay auctions but I am not holding my breath. I am temped to try the Neo Hybrid Ex but I am waiting for a black version and the $31 price tag is kinda a turn off.

Settled on a incipio feather for now until better bumpers are released.

8. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

eBay! I have an orange and clear, red and clear and white and clear and all for under 15 bucks shipped and they all fit as good as apples did for the 4.

9. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Don't want to spend the $31 on the sgp bumper, yet you buy a bunch of cheaper ones. :rolleyes:

10. chrizg macrumors newbie

chrizg

Ya, I know.. Spent total about $16 total (Monoprice $6, dx.com $3, two bumpers ebay $7) The one at target was in a open package so just tried on there.

11. iSheep89 macrumors member

I have the photive bumper and it is flawless. The only downside is rubber buttons, but the cut outs are good.

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

iBlason. $10@amazon

Logo is a neg.

Border too thick, bumper is very close to same thickness as Apple's... But of course iPhone5 is thinner. Don't like, sufficient for the time and price.

All else is good, buttons click nice, charging port good.

[​IMG]