Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominicdiep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Now I know this isn't exclusive to MacBook Airs, but since I have one I've found that sometimes when I typing I accidentally miss the enter key, and hit just towards the right side of the enter key. I love the keyboard, but I really just wish it was a little bit wider. It just seems too thin for my liking. Anyone else do this? And I have small hands too so...

checkitout

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2009
Yep, that definitely was an issue for me in the first week or so.
You'll get used to it.

(A much more serious problem is the mysterious difference between the US and rest-of-world keyboards here. What were they thinking…)

dominicdiep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Yep, that definitely was an issue for me in the first week or so.
You'll get used to it.

(A much more serious problem is the mysterious difference between the US and rest-of-world keyboards here. What were they thinking…)

Yeah I have the UK keyboard layout so it's L shaped, which I'm so grateful for. And I've had this for like 6 months and I still find myself mis-judging the distance of the return key and hitting the side of the metal. So annoying...

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Is a non issue. Humans have an uncanny ability to adapt to a new environment and keyboard layout after a while. After driving a rental for a few days, I go back to my old car and it feels weird the first day back.

Shadow2k

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2009
Mine has a L-shaped (German Layout) enter key, but I often press FN instead of the CTRL key. ;)

Last edited:

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
My old MBA had a German keyboard so the return key would be L-shaped (an upside-down L with the wider part being at the top). So I was actually used to just hitting the upper part of the return key because of it being wider and less likely to miss. Now I have got a MBA with a US keyboard and I admit it took some time getting used to it. But now, after about 2 weeks I"ve grown used to the smaller key and it's no issue anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.