Anyone finding iPlayer glitchy? (UK)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by photojonny, Jun 8, 2010.

1. photojonny macrumors member

iPlayer is being really annoying. Sometimes the audio and video are slightly out of sync, and twice the iPad has rebooted itself midway through a programme. Now it won't load the programme back up.

Anyone else had glitches? I love my iPad but the various glitches are beginning to become irritating.

2. Powierski macrumors newbie

Powierski

Ive had the audio sync issue a couple of times and, never had a random reboot though. Can't grumble too much as it's still in beta ;)

One thing I did notice was stopping the video momentarily and starting re-syncs the audio.

3. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Lip-sync issues but otherwise very happy with picture quality.

4. photojonny thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. The stopping and starting worked for the audio. I switched to normal quality and that seemed to sort the reboot problem. I hadn't noticed it was beta. Thanks for the help.

5. stanleyboy macrumors regular

stanleyboy

Yeah I had problems with it at first, but then I switched to normal quality and it's works perfect now

6. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Hi, i'm having the audio problem, this is probably really simple but how do you get it off the beta version?

Also my iPad is set to the big screen version and I cant get it to work like it does on a normal browser. Can anyone help?

7. photojonny thread starter macrumors member

Beta means they are testing it. You can't change that. You can get to the normal iPlayer site if you use another browser, such as Atomic Browser. If you go into the settings menu, there is an option called 'identify browser as'. If you change this to Firefox 3, and they go to iPlayer, you will see the full site.