Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psbmbckbs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
What's the big deal with this game? I also heard about this game at college. Seems like a lot of people are talking about this game. Is it just another typical IQ game, where you have to simply pick a square out of rectangles? would it work on iPod? I only got an ipod touch. Also I just read through the thread and can't understand at all.. well confusing as you guys seem to be saying it's easy but hard... obvious but can't see it.. what the...

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
What's the big deal with this game? I also heard about this game at college. Seems like a lot of people are talking about this game. Is it just another typical IQ game, where you have to simply pick a square out of rectangles? would it work on iPod? I only got an ipod touch. Also I just read through the thread and can't understand at all.. well confusing as you guys seem to be saying it's easy but hard... obvious but can't see it.. what the...

You just gotta check it out and you'll see what we're talking about. It's MUCH more than "simply pick a square out of rectangles".

And yes, I believe you can get it on the iPod Touch through the App Store.

psbmbckbs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Donkey, oh donkey... donkey...
I should have trusted you guys... I was stuck like a donkey on so many of the levels... spot the difference was like what the!!! The solutions are all too obvious but I just couldn't get it. As you rightly said I could only understand the thread having played the game. It's extremely interesting game and ingenious must I say..

But to my delight, after playing it non-stop for goodness knows how long, I have proudly joined the prestigious circle of the Donkey graduates. However, to my shame, can I only reveal that my donkey'd count was none but a three figured number. I will nontheless sleep in peace as I shall fear DONKEY no more and I shall hear EEEEOR EEEEEEEOR EEEEEEOR no more though shall I now confess to the needy souls that my heart in its dearest truly misses and longs for the Cute Little Donkey.

newvillagemvnt

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Donkey, oh donkey... donkey...
I should have trusted you guys... I was stuck like a donkey on so many of the levels... spot the difference was like what the!!! The solutions are all too obvious but I just couldn't get it. As you rightly said I could only understand the thread having played the game. It's extremely interesting game and ingenious must I say..

But to my delight, after playing it non-stop for goodness knows how long, I have proudly joined the prestigious circle of the Donkey graduates. However, to my shame, can I only reveal that my donkey'd count was none but a three figured number. I will nontheless sleep in peace as I shall fear DONKEY no more and I shall hear EEEEOR EEEEEEEOR EEEEEEOR no more though shall I now confess to the needy souls that my heart in its dearest truly misses and longs for the Cute Little Donkey.

lol, another donkey graduate? I also bought this game and now I'm stuck too... stuck at the spot the difference. The clue it gives isn't really helping me. Any help?

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
lol, another donkey graduate? I also bought this game and now I'm stuck too... stuck at the spot the difference. The clue it gives isn't really help me. Any help?

If you want help, you have to either take the clue when it comes (I think after 5 fails?) or email the developer.

No one here will post the answers to any question.

newvillagemvnt

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
If you want help, you have to either take the clue when it comes (I think after 5 fails?) or email the developer.

No one here will post the answers to any question.

Yes, u r right. I emailed the developers and they quickly replied with a help and I've managed to solve the level. I got stuck again on the bird qu. but having failed to answer the previous question by myself, I was determined to solve it myself and in the end I managed it without the clues! Really pleased! Frog is next! the next frontier! here we go! ;):p:eek:

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yes, u r right. I emailed the developers and they quickly replied with a help and I've managed to solve the level. I got stuck again on the bird qu. but having failed to answer the previous question by myself, I was determined to solve it myself and in the end I managed it without the clues! Really pleased! Frog is next! the next frontier! here we go! ;):p:eek:

Yay! Good job :) I'm stuck on level 4 of Frog, I just can't get past it.

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
I'm stuck on Frog level 4 too! I get a few right in a row, but I guess whatever method I'm using is the wrong one. lol.

Donkey is definitely one of the best finds for the iPhone that I've found in a while!

businessgo

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2009
I've managed to solve stage 4 and stage 5 now. Those two are actually very very obvious.... (yes... seeing retrospectively of course) both took ages to solve and stage 5 the longest by far. But that's the end of it! Thanks You God!

All I can to help you is to use the hint wisely! :p Once you've solved it, and look at the clue, you will laugh so much! :D If you really want a help, I can give it to you, but you all came this far, you might as well complete everything by yourself! :)

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
This thread got me to get Donkey. Going to see if I can get through the game without hints. I'm on Mary's father had four children...

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Donkey'd 61 times. Would've been a bit lower had I been less careless flying through levels I had already solved. No hints from the net, developer, or game. Pure headwork!

notabletogreet

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Gokunama
That's an excellent score! but plz don't write a solution here as that will spoil others from enjoying their 99 cents. So are you now on frog? Frog is annoyingly challenging! It's just a simple game, but I really got into it... strange.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
It is, here in the UK (in entertainment) and it's getting more and more popular. BTW, can anyone who completed FROG help me? I'm on stage 5. Any sort of hint would be absolutely fab! :p

it gives you a hint. read it very carefully. i had a really hard time with stage 5 as well but once you figure it out you can't help but laugh because it's so easy and right in front of your face the whole time.

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Despite finishing donkey with (what I believe to be) an impressive score of 26, I'm stuck on level 4 of FROG! I'll get 5-6 correct, then get one wrong. I can't figure it out...but I absolutely refuse to take any hints--other than "read the hint, it makes perfect sense."

psbmbckbs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Despite finishing donkey with (what I believe to be) an impressive score of 26, I'm stuck on level 4 of FROG! I'll get 5-6 correct, then get one wrong. I can't figure it out...but I absolutely refuse to take any hints--other than "read the hint, it makes perfect sense."

26 is absolutely amazing... I've never seen anyone get anything less than 50 and that's including my cousin who has a doctorate from a top notch university and is a quite distinguished academic! also my uncle who is a lawyer at this massive law firm. I asked him "don't you interview people for their 'out of the box' thinking ability?" and he said "**** I should give this game to the HR department!!!". Getting 26 is like genius... but I can't believe you are still solving FROG! hehe, I've finished all of the stages now :D
(I spent about 2-3 hours today LOL).

I wouldn't worry, no-one will give away any thing! hehehe

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
26 is absolutely amazing... I've never seen anyone get anything less than 50 and that's including my cousin who has a doctorate from a top notch university and is a quite distinguished academic! also my uncle who is a lawyer at this massive law firm. I asked him "don't you interview people for their 'out of the box' thinking ability?" and he said "**** I should give this game to the HR department!!!". You must be a genius... but I can't believe you are still solving FROG! hehe, I've finished all of the stages now :D
(I spent about 2-3 hours today LOL).

I wouldn't worry, no-one will give away any thing! hehehe

haha, thanks for the compliments, but I am by no means a "genius". I am a software developer and I am very intrigued by mathematical and logical puzzles, so this sort of thing turns me on if you will.

I have only tried the FROG game a few times, so I guess I can't honestly say that I'm "stuck" on level 4. I haven't had the chance to play it much in the past week. I may give it another go tonight and see what I can come up with.

ccTFL09

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
goodness gracious. donkey is rocking!
Donkey description says the new version is going to have more checkpoints and I really don't want this feature as I want everyone else to get as much frustration as I got from this game :D:D:D:D

I absolutely agree with the dude up there and I really think this game is tons better than some of the Aptitude tests some companies ask you to do! (I will fail miserably though :p).

burritolass

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Well... I'm stuck on FROG... don't know how to get passed stage 4...
i know no-one will help me out here, and I also know I don't want help, so why the heck am I writing on the thread? :D:D:D I guess it just comforts me to see others struggling to finish the game! :D (but it seems there are quite a few who managed to complete FROG! wow! respect!)

businessgo

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2009
If you spend enough time (which of course is relative), you will get through all the stages of frog levels. frog is a game with a completely different game concept that's why the developer probably included the game as a bonus level rather than implementing into donkey game itself. it has to be said though both games need you to really focus and think on your feet which is why this game has been a hot issue recently. good luck with it. don't throw your iphone out of window!

psbmbckbs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Well... I'm stuck on FROG... don't know how to get passed stage 4...
i know no-one will help me out here, and I also know I don't want help, so why the heck am I writing on the thread? :D:D:D I guess it just comforts me to see others struggling to finish the game! :D (but it seems there are quite a few who managed to complete FROG! wow! respect!)

yes, we all struggled like a donkey! all done and dusted. i've been trying the game on lots of other people and i just loooove seeing them making the same mistake! that's where the fun comes in I think.

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
For those of you who need the extra help ;)

FYI: The just received the updates to Donkey with the additional checkpoints and "saves checkpoints after exit".

enutinews

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
For those of you who need the extra help ;)

FYI: The just received the updates to Donkey with the additional checkpoints and "saves checkpoints after exit".

Great update! Well, gone are the days I enjoyed seeing mates getting well frustrated. half of the fun was seeing them going through the questions again and again LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.