Anyone flown with EasyJet recently?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dcv, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dcv macrumors G3

I've just booked some flights and am hoping to be able to take my stuff as carry-on rather than checking bags into the hold. The hand baggage allowance is restricted to one bag with maximum dimensions 55 x 40 x 20cm but no weight is mentioned.

I think EasyJet used to operate a policy of "if you can lift it into the overhead bin then it's fine" but I don't know if they still do this. I can't see a weight restriction anywhere.

Does anyone here know this, or have you flown with them recently?

cheers :)

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I presume they're assuming you won't be lining it with lead.

3. arf macrumors member

arf

Yup, flew with them about a week ago to Bilbao and I'm pretty sure they still had the same policy of size restriction but no limit on the weight (provided you can lift it into the overhead locker).

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Flew to edinburgh and back from london.

aye, no limit on weight for carry on, as long as you can safely hoick it into the overhead bin yourself.

I have a pretty large carryon bag (not quite fits into the official metal bin of doom) and flying up from london was no problem, but flying back from edinburgh, it got refused, and I had to check it in despite arguements to the contrary.

Basically, get your boarding pass preprinted and you should be ok - you can go through security without seeing anyone from Easyjet, and the security people aren't responsible for bag sizes.

It's when I had to pick up my boarding pass from their desk in Edinburgh that I got bag-nabbed.

xx Tomato

5. dcv thread starter macrumors G3

Excellent stuff, just what I wanted to hear :) Thanks!

Am slightly concerned about the 20cm depth thing as that's a tiny bit narrower than BAA/other airlines, but if I check in online then as you say, can go straight to Security where they don't measure or weigh anything. Muahahaha!

I've flown on several other airlines recently with 5kg or 7kg restrictions but never been to the check-in desk so nothing's ever weighed!

6. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

If you did line it with lead or any other dense material, you'd get a rifle stuffed up your nose pretty fast at security.

Hmm. An interesting maths problem - what's the heaviest carry on bag you can get past security?

7. dcv thread starter macrumors G3

I don't think I want to risk finding out!