Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i want just a smartcover, as i want to use a carbon phantomskinz on the back.... but i need (want) black... not the fugly dark grey that apple sells...

i have had no luck in finding one...

if anyone has found an after market black one please, PLEASE post a link for me!!!

thanx!!!!!!

Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
i want just a smartcover, as i want to use a carbon phantomskinz on the back.... but i need (want) black... not the fugly dark grey that apple sells...

i have had no luck in finding one...

if anyone has found one please, PLEASE post a link for me!!!

thanx!!!!!!

Apple doesn't sell a black one for the Mini.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Here's one on eBay, but I can't confirm the quality. It's only 15 bucks, so it's not a total loss if it stinks.

eBay

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
15 bucks for a smart cover and a lightning cable...wow...haha

If anyone orders one, I'd be interested in knowing how the quality is with the cover.

I'd love to get a black smart cover and/or a leather smart cover. I'm sure eventually more will start popping up.

I tried searching for info on dying my dark gray smart cover but it seems these poly smart covers are resistant to just about everything (which I suppose is a good thing).

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
15 bucks for a smart cover and a lightning cable...wow...haha

If anyone orders one, I'd be interested in knowing how the quality is with the cover.

I'd love to get a black smart cover and/or a leather smart cover. I'm sure eventually more will start popping up.

I tried searching for info on dying my dark gray smart cover but it seems these poly smart covers are resistant to just about everything (which I suppose is a good thing).

The $15 price is for the Smart Cover only. The combo is $21, but I wouldn't trust the cable.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
thanx!!!! I may order one! not usually a fan of ordering from china since the shipping takes soooooo long... but this appears to be the only available black one!

I have no interest in their lightening cable! I'd be afraid it would damage my ipad or iPhone!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
thanx!!!! I may order one! not usually a fan of ordering from china since the shipping takes soooooo long... but this appears to be the only available black one!

I have no interest in their lightening cable! I'd be afraid it would damage my ipad or iPhone!

Agreed. I wouldn't use the cable at all. I'd much rather pay the 19 for the peace of mind.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Looks like the ipad2/ipad3 smart cover that uses hinges. Not sure I would waste 15 on this but it may work out if you have to have that color.

AirThis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2012
I'm debating between the Incipio Lexington and the Scosche Black Carbon Fiber case. Links below. The Amazon suggestion above looks like a good buy as well.

Edit: I realize that you only want the top cover, but I thought you might possibly be interested by a more homogenous look. As you mentioned Carbon Fiber, I immediately thought of the Scosche.

Incipio Lexington:

http://www.incipio.com/cases/ipad-c...pad-mini-lexington-hard-shell-folio-case.html

Scosche Black Carbon Fiber Case:

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2676

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.