Anyone from Brazil?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pmontanarella, Nov 29, 2013.

1. pmontanarella, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there's any Brazilian, or person living in Brazil, on these forums. If so, please reply below and I will PM you a question I have about phone companies here in Brazil.

Thanks,
    Pietro

Edit: As suggested I posted the question below so please check it there.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not post your question here in the forum so that the membership can benefit from the question and/or answer.

3. pmontanarella, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

pmontanarella thread starter macrumors 6502

It's really specific to Brazil, however, that's a good point and I will post it:

Basically I have TIM Brazil as a mobile phone provider and formatting a phone number with +55-XX-XXXX-XXXX always tells me that the phone number doesn't exist. I've read that other carries (Claro and Vivo), have apps on their SIM cards that allow the "+55" format to work. First of all I wanted to check if this was true and second of all, would it therefore be as simple as switching mobile phone provider to have the "+55" work? Lastly, I'm considering getting a plan with Claro, would I need to have the "Ligações Longa Distância" enabled for the "+55" to work, or it doesn't matter?

Thanks a lot,
    Pietro

Source of the info above (The long, detailed, answer)

Edit: I went ahead and did the switch and it does work, for anyone who may be wondering.