iPad Anyone get Air through AT&T Next today?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Atrin1, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Atrin1 macrumors regular

has anyone picked up an ipad air through at&t next plan yet? how was your experience? insight on plan?

2. nolegirl macrumors regular

I ordered it for delivery. Was hoping to be able to pick it up in store but there was no such option. As far as the plan this is my first purchase on the plan, but it seems its a good way to get an ipad if you don't want to pay for it all at once. Of course it's an additional charge for data unless you're on a mobile share plan at which it will be an additional $10 per month on top of what you pay for the ipad itself.

3. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

nop

well went too the AT&T store this AM and found out they wanted a $750 deposit

rates

4. Atrin1 thread starter macrumors regular

I saw that on your thread. that stinks

did you see anything about a deposit?? did you have to pay anything up front when you ordered online?

5. eldervovichka macrumors regular

I order a White 64 gig online. Shipping dates says 11/6-11/8, but I am guessing it will be sooner.

I stopped by the AT&T Store next to work and they only have 16 and 32 gig models. Looks like the 64 and 128 gig models will be harder to find at the AT&T Store.

Jeff

6. eldervovichka macrumors regular

Just got the shipping confirmation and it will be here on Monday.

Jeff

7. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

just got a confirmation as well of shipment, so glad I went this route, zero frustration

8. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

They tend to base those sorts of charges/deposits on credit score and such. $750 is rather absurd though, you could just buy a device at that cost.

9. tellemfred macrumors member

I did. I went to my AT&T store this morning at 8 and bought 2 of the 3 Air's they got in. I was already a voice customer so they did not do a credit check. I changed my grandfathered unlimited data plan to a 6GB mobile share plan (I did the plan that is right for me and my wife, but they will always start with suggesting 10GB).

Sales associates were great, they did everything for me and it helps when you know exactly what you want and what you're talking about. It all took about 30 minutes and was very very easy. Any question I had they were able to answer. Obviously this won't be the case with every associate but if you get the right one, it's a very painless process.

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Went in to my local store to check out the Air. Sales person said they only had 32gb in black in stock, which is what I would get.

She said if you have been a customer for a while they use your history rather than credit. She also said I could do the add a line without losing my unlimited data on the iPhone.

Very tempting...

11. nolegirl macrumors regular

No, I didn't see anything about a deposit, I paid for shipping (silly) and the first month.

12. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I tried it early as a new customer and it asked for SSN for a credit check. I just signed in to add a line to my account and it didn't ask for it.

Still very tempting.... :D

13. OcieGo macrumors newbie

I had an excellent experience this morning! Walked in, told them what I wanted and just paid 67 dollars for taxes and was all done in about 10 minutes.

14. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I did this morning. The experience was very pleasant and it only took a few minutes. I picked up a 64GB gray one and only had to pay the taxes. The sales associate was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions.

15. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

i know this is the best for your family but you should have kept your unlimited data plan and just added one for your wife. the unlimited data plan is a premium and not offered anymore.

16. solostars macrumors member

I thought you were only allowed to do att next if you were at contract renewal time. I've been customer for 10 years with three iPhones. Does this mean I could do att next then? Thanks

17. Atrin1 thread starter macrumors regular

haha i signed in also and was at the last step and DID NOT hit confirm!

----------

i'm grandfathered in the unlimited also and i would never get rid of it. such an awesome plan

18. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

The store rep told me that you can still add a line with the iPad and not give up unlimited data on your iPhone. That's my goal.

19. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

iPad plan will probably cost more than $10, though, since then you'd need to get an actual data plan instead of just sharing from the Mobile Share bucket.

20. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Correct. However, I already pay $30 a month for my data. I would actually go down to the 1 gb plan (that I have only seen advertised in the store) for $20.

----------

You can do it at any time.

21. tellemfred macrumors member

I'm aware but your first sentence basically says it all. This new plan is what is best for us. I am paying exactly the same now as I was before and it would have been more expensive for me to stay on unlimited and add an iPad data plan. It would not have been worth it with the amount of off-wifi data we use.

Regardless, the Next program worked like a charm.

22. Schism213 macrumors member

kudos AT&T

Just came home from the local AT&T corporate store. It was about as smooth a process as I could have hoped for. However, they did only have 16GB in white/silver and a few 128GB on hand. I went ahead and ordered a 32GB in black for home delivery. Some notes:

• I'm a current customer of mobile share 6GB
    • I was not asked at any point for SSN
    • Rep told me earlier today that since I am a current customer, they would look at payment history in regards to NEXT
    • My rep this evening told me he knew nothing about iPad's on NEXT program being locked
    • Confirmation email stated ships 11/6-11/8, although my rep did say they ship on Saturday out of Atlanta, so some hope for monday/tuesday delivery
    • Ships via FedEX economy. No option to upgrade that when asked
    • I was in and out in 10 minutes. $63 and change for tax on the unit was only charge

Feel free to shoot any questions my way.

23. ashley1496 macrumors regular

I ordered mine with Next after finding out about it on this thread. I wasn't even planning on the wifi+ cellular until I heard about this option. I ordered the 128 gb in silver. It's claiming Nov 12-21st delivery estimate...I hope it ships sooner. I was too excited and asked for next day shipping, so even if it's Nov 12th, I should have it by the 13th.

Super excited. Upgrading from the original iPad, which I sold over a month ago. I miss my iPad so much!

24. Schism213 macrumors member

Annnnnd just had an email show up with a tracking number, but brings me to usps website?

25. g.t. rags macrumors regular

copy and paste the number into the tracking window