Anyone get and SGP Skin Guard or a StealthArmor iPad case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mashinhead, Apr 20, 2010.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

2. jeepik macrumors regular

I have the sgp white leather back

It's great, I'll take some pics later, but the fit is great , mine is not 100 % aligned, more like 95%, but it fit great, I love the texture, gives the iPad a much more expensive look and feel

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

4. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

I would love to see some real world pics of them. post them when you can, thanks

5. jeepik macrumors regular

Bad news guys,

Took it out of my apple case this morning to take some pics for you all and the beautiful white leather back is covered in blue lines, seems like there is an issue with the material and the apple case

I contacted sgp to see what they say, for now I would say don't buy the white one if you have an apple case

Here is a link to my album

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeepik/IPadSGPCover?feat=directlink

6. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

looks like the apple case bled on the skin, where the wrap around attachment fits in.

7. tasset macrumors 6502a

I am tempted to buy the black leather skin, but never have used SGP's products.
    They also have pre-orders for a vintage leather case that looks great.

Other than the issues with the white skin, can you comment on the difficulty to apply and also as another asked if it leaves residue when removing?

8. jeepik macrumors regular

update

heard from SGP,, very stand up people

they admitted that the white is very sensitive, and offered to replace it with either a new one or anything else

i decided to get the black carbon one instead as the carbon looks great and the black will not show off the bleeding like the white one does

9. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

good to hear, i think thats the one i'm getting, would love to see pics of that when you get it. Also do they give you something to protect the apple logo with too?

10. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

I was looking at the StealthArmor case too...wondering how it stacks up...

11. Pared macrumors 65816

I think the big question everyone has is how does your iPad look when you remove the white leather? Is there residue? Any damage? Difficulty when removing?

12. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

13. jeepik macrumors regular

just removed it

removal is a piece of cake, and if you have the orignal backing that it came with you could reuse it if you wanted to

0% residue didnt even need to wipe it down after i removed it

to answer the other question, it fit fine with the backing on and the apple case, no issue at all, other then the blue stains

14. jeepik macrumors regular

forgot to answer this as well

yes there is a clear sticker that goes over the apple logo, so its protected as well

15. GHII macrumors newbie

I have the White SGP and it looks beautiful. I was worried about it getting 'dirty' from hands and what have you but it doesn't pick up any of that.

16. Pared macrumors 65816

Wow, very nice. I may order the carbon. Please post pics when you get it!

17. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

man im really thinking about picking one of these up. One for the back and a screen protector, maybe a anti fingerprint

18. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i posted 2 pictures of carbon skin right here in this thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=897109

i now changed to the O shaped anti and white skin and so far i like it. i hope it doesn't get dirty too quick... or i might have to change back to my carbon that i stored away for now.

19. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

wow that looks great, if you could post some picture of the screen as well so i can get an idea of what it looks like on there. I currently have the SGP Stienheil AF on my iphone 3GS and i really love it. The fact that i dont have to wipe it down every 5 second is a good thing.

I think people should post up more pics of the installed products.

20. h3nG macrumors member

21. Pared macrumors 65816

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I will pick one up soon. Does it cover the logo with a clear coat or anything? I'd hate to have the logo exposed.

22. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

Yea they give u a clear sticker to cover the apple logo with. I ordered the White leather one last night and it was shipped out today but shipping a a bit expensive.

23. patp Guest

Those are some great looking back covers. They show a new iPad case at the bottom of each page but I couldn't find the link for that case. Anyone seen that case yet? Looks very interesting . . .

24. dzave macrumors newbie

I ordered the carbon skin as well. I had planned to put this on the 3G when it arrives. It would have been nice if they would include a cut-out template for the black antenna area at the top. This is a personal preference of course. Since it is a raised area I only wonder if the skin would fit properly if one did decide to cover that part.

25. Pared macrumors 65816

Sold.

Thanks again for the replies, gentlemen.