Anyone get both?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TWO2SEVEN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have a PS3 and a 360. I use the PS3 more because it is in the bedroom. I am trying to decide which to upgrade if/when the time comes.

Anyone get both yet? Looking to hearing the pros and cons of each.

As far as exclusives go, I am not a huge Halo fan, I like Forza, but I could live without it. My wife really likes the God of War games, so that is a consideration.

Anyway, thanks for any input and enjoy your new systems!

2. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I'll let you know next week when my PS4 gets delivered :p

My brother had his Xbox One arrive this morning, figured it would be overkill to buy a second console with the game selection looking so thin at the moment.

3. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Very true. I got my last gen consoles about six months apart.

4. hagr182 macrumors regular

I will get the PS4 next friday and the xbone late december, so till then I dont know. But overall I use my ps3 more. Actually I havent turned on the Xbox since my live ran out.

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

pre-ordered the ps4 but i think i might get tempted by the WiiU once a Mariokart bundle hits the sub 200 buck price range

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

I got the PS4 at launch, but will probably wait until spring for the Xbox One. The PS4 will be my office/man cave console, and the Xbox One will be the living room console.

7. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I will get both eventually... At the latest when they release the inevitable hardware revisions :) But first I will get the PS4, but not this year.

The only console I've gotten at launch is the Wii.

8. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I think Wii U and PS4 will be the winning combo this generation.

I have a Wii U now and will probably pick up a PS4 sometime next year....once there is a price drop. I'll stick to friends who are getting Xbox One to play soem of those games.

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Thats my combo, I picked up a WiiU at launch and finally after a year its starting to get titles worth buying!! I got my PS4 last Friday, I've never been a fan of the MS offerings or MS first party games.

10. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

I'm thinking you could use a PS4 in the bedroom (where you play it more) and the XBone in the media/living room, since it seems to be strong on the media hub features (?).

Of course, this is coming from somebody with a Wii U and a PC, who's quite happy with it at the moment. I may get a PS4 at some point, but I don't watch any TV, so I'm not as hyped for the XBone.

11. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

That's true. Honestly I don't use the Xbox much. Between working long hours and a pregnant wife we do most of our media consumption from the bed :)

12. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Your wife is pregnant? Better run out and get a PS4 now, before it is too late! :D

Honestly, you are probably better off waiting a couple of years, and grabbing one when there are more games (and the price has gone down a bit).

13. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It's ok, she plays too (occasionally). :)

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

At the moment I'm happy with the PS4 and Wii U. I might get an Xbox towards the end of its like. Trying to cut down on this habit! (not really into those Xbox exclusives)

15. Grechy macrumors member

Grechy

I haven't got any of them yet. Have a VITA coming in so have pre-ordered a PS4 as a Christmas present (to myself) but I'm feeling the XBox this gen for some reason and am tempted to switch over. Really liking the look of Titanfall right now. I think the only real solution for true gamers, tech heads or anyone that really loves this stuff is to eventually get both as each console is unique & will be truly awesome for the next 6-8 years. ;)

16. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

So have both machines under one roof.

To be honest, if I had to pick just one console to have at launch...the Xbox One probably takes it.

Forza and Dead Rising are solid games, and from what I'm seeing of the multi platforms, the Xbox One versions aren't massively worse-off visually. Also some Kinect features are quite cool. The One controller is nigh on perfect too.

They are both still just potential though, would probably be happy with just a 360 and PS3 until more games come out.

17. jedolley macrumors 68000

I have a PS4 and was planning on getting the Xbone, but after BF weekend I ended up with a Wii U and am glad I made that decision. I decided there was not enough difference between the Xbone and PS4 to justify having both, but there is a huge difference with the Wii U. So far it's a great family console... My 4 year is enjoying the Wii Sports Resort stuff, my Wife is doing the Wii Fit U, and I get to enjoy platforming and adventure goodness.