Anyone get FB messenger to work with the AW3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by richard371, Sep 23, 2017.

1. richard371 macrumors 68020

I just get the spinning thing in the middle and it never loads on my watch.

Thanks

2. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I don’t usually use fb messenger, but I just tried it and it loaded for me. It did definitely take a long time to load the first time (I sat and looked at the spinning thing for probably a good minute) but eventually it did load and starting it subsequent times seems to load much faster.

3. jpy1980 macrumors member

There's a trick to getting this to work and it's because messenger is borked.

Go into your iPhone messenger app and then tap your circle profile icon on the top left corner. Then scroll till you see apple watch. Then make at least two canned rely messages and then restart the app on your phone and watch. Voila, you should be good to go!

4. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68020

Removed messenger from the phone and reinstalled it. Issue resolved. Thanks.

5. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

I have also been unable to get messenger to work on my S3, just get the spinning thing. I’ve waited several minutes, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I don’t see “Apple Watch” anywhere under my profile in the iPhone app. Please post if anyone finds any other solutions, thanks!

6. baddj macrumors 6502

I have also noticed this some convos from some people will load but others will not just stays on the spinning loader for ages.

7. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well now mine is back to not working. Ill just not use it on the watch as its a joke to get to work.

8. baddj macrumors 6502

Might be worth opening messenger on the iPhone and clicking the your profile image and Report A Problem.

9. powerslave65 macrumors 6502

powerslave65