Anyone get $ for T-Mobile iPhone program from last month yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Apr 10, 2017.

1. maverick22 macrumors 6502

After checking the status for $150 per line for bringing to T-mobile and seeing "declined" (called customer service Carrier Freedom to help with that though), it made me think about the iPhone program. It was bring your iPhone from another carrier and port number over to T-mobile and get XX amount on a MasterCard.

Does anyone remember how much and have documentation for that? I know the rep told me $550, but I don't have any documentation showing that. I just want to have something to fall back on after my first offer/promo was rejected. That offer/promo is still processing.

My contract shows that I indeed traded my AT&T iphone in, but nowhere does it mention the $550 she quoted me.

Thanks!

2. Txguy82 macrumors member

Txguy82

3. Txguy82 macrumors member

Txguy82

I don't ever recall that $$ amount being advertised unless u had the 256 option

4. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

The rep that helped me showed me T-mobile's system on her screen with all of the different models/capacities. She wrote it out on a scratch sheet of paper. I had to pay taxes that day, and an upgrade fee or activation fee.

She explained it and said after the $550 card is sent to me, the balance left over will be $200 owed on the new T-Mo iphone 7plus. It sounded great to me, so I went ahead with it.

I just don't have ANY document-able proof from her that an actual $550 will be coming to me on a card.

5. kjmff5 macrumors regular

I too did the free iPhone 7. I got a standard 32gb. They didn't mention that we had to put in an offer code online, and I found out about a month later; that's when I put it in. If you don't put in the offer code, you never really applied for a free iPhone.

It's stupid.

I am still waiting. Anxiously.

6. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, thanks, it never stated the amount I will be getting. All I have to go off of is what the rep verbally told me (well, and she wrote down and threw away). I saw it on her computer screen as well.

7. Txguy82 macrumors member

Txguy82

8. kjmff5 macrumors regular

9. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, they were promoting a free iphone 7 (32GB 7). If you wanted something better than that you would have to pay for it. Each size went up from there. I forgot all of the amounts, but the rep that helped me said that the 7 plus would be $200 rather than free. It didn't make sense how they could do that, but she showed me what T-Mo was letting her do on her screen.

In the end, I "should" only owe $200 plus taxes for the 7 (well, and that upgrade fee).

10. Miketsi99 macrumors newbie

I also got denied for a different promo when I switched two lines over to T-Mobile. The deal was for 150 prepaid card for each line that was switched. I did however call the promotions department that was able to get the 300 processed "now says approved" but still waiting for it in the mail. I hate these promos and rebates as something always goes wrong !

11. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Did they give you a new tracking code by any chance?

I was told the same thing but via T-force on Twitter.

12. Miketsi99 macrumors newbie

Yes new tracking number that now shows approved on T-Mobiles site.

13. kjmff5 macrumors regular

I just got an email saying I was approved and should get the card in 2-3 weeks. Phew.

14. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Same here! Good deal!