Anyone get presidio clear?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Oct 26, 2016.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Got one to swap between my presidio grip Black for my matte black 7P

Will put photos up in a bit!

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I had one for a couple days and took it back. Way too slippery, if it had some grip it would have been nice.

3. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I bought one for my jet black 7plus. You won't believe this but it so damn tight on the jet I thought I was gonna have to cut it to get it off. I gave it to my wife. She has a space Grey 6s plus and it fits perfect.

4. thadoggfather, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I don't think its that slippery but the grip presidio obviously has a leg up.

I think it's grippier than spiegen liquid armor

Yikes I know what u mean about how hard it is to get the case off. Returning it too

5. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I've reviewed this case for the 7 Plus and both colors are slippery, but the Onyx Black is exceedingly so. Here's a comparison of the two Presidio Clear colors on a matte black 7 Plus:

Kristin

6. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

I couldn't even get mine on! I didn't want to put too much pressure on my phone Dissapointed that I had to send it back without even getting to actually try it out.

7. ECUSnare macrumors regular

Tried it on my Plus last night at the store. Was really tight and wasn't a fan of the look, IMO it doesn't look great with the matte black phone (but, that's just my own opinion.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Same thing happened to me. I was worried I'd scratch my JB with the stupid case when I ripped it off.

Ugh.

9. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeh screw this case. I returned it.

Presidio grip / apple silicone / spiegen liquid armor

The latter gets least love.

The simplicity of apple case has me hooked for now

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I haven't tried Apple Silicone in a few years. Is it pretty grippy?

11. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yep!

Sometimes it feels weird and kinda gross to me when my hands are dry but in normal situations it feels nice and always grippy!

The inside felt material is a nice touch too.

And I like the open face bottom, with raised corners to still hopefully protect against a drop

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I think I'm sold. I was considering the Presidio Grip (we already had some at launch, but they were the same color and we worried we'd get the phones confused, so I went with the Inked and that damned thing is slippery). I really did prefer the old CandyShell Grip design. It was nice and grippy.

The clear was horrific. It actually scared me trying to pry my JB out of it. Ugh.

I got a Spigen Thin Armor but that thing is as slippery as a greased pig.

So, I might just grab an Apple Silicone while I wait for BB to restock the Grip in a color I may actually use. I can get one for around half price if I wait for that. :)