Anyone get reservation slips from the Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by slpymnky, Mar 15, 2011.

1. slpymnky macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple store at Lenox in Atlanta this morning around 9AM. They said they didn't have any iPads and were giving out reservation tickets. We wrote our names, phone numbers, email addresses and what model we wanted and tore off that end and they kept it. They said when our iPad comes in, they will call us and it is reserved for us for 24 hours.

What're the chances that this actually happens? I had ready on here that after I left, they ended up having certain models at that very store (not the one I put down so I wouldn't have gotten a call anyways).

2. DJWatl macrumors newbie

Lenox scam

I was there this morning. I carefully filled out my ticket. I double checked that my email address was legible. I verified the phone number. Then I anxiously awaited my call.

Then.... the Lenox store sold Ipads during the day. SURPRISE! I didn't get a call.

I suspected at the time that the claim checks were a scam to get us to clear out. Based on the reports of sales to throughout the day, I now know it was a scam.

3. slpymnky thread starter macrumors newbie

Where did you read that they were selling throughout the day? I read on here that they sold all VZW 3G models and the black 16GB Wi-Fi only model. Since I wanted a 32GB Wi-Fi only, I figured that's why I didn't get a call.

4. slpymnky thread starter macrumors newbie

I had little faith that they would actually pull through, but I got a call today from the apple store saying they had my iPad in stock. I went in and the lady helping me went to a corner to complete the transaction so people wouldnt mob her. I'm on my 32gb iPad right now and it's awesome.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Theyre actually doing this? I'm surprised if they could find the time each day to call all those people.

6. gadgetone12 macrumors newbie

I was there too. They called me on friday at about 10am to tell me they did not know when they would get any of the At&T models. They let me change to the wifi and told me they would call me once it was in stock. At about 2pm they called me back to tell me it was in stock!! :D