Anyone get the AT&T Premiere Discounts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshelton, Jun 30, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Do you get the discount through your organization? If so, was everything added at activation? Did you use the premier website or handle it at the AT&T store, Best Buy, Apple Store, etc? Did everything go smoothly with the discounts?

Thanks...

2. joro macrumors 68020

joro

You only get the discount on the service plan and, in some cases, the activation fee. If you read the fine print of any premier contract, AT&T specifically excludes devices from Apple from any kind of equipment discount. I also didn’t have any problem with the discounts being on the account but I do know there were quite a few here that did.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Above is very much true. I get a discount from a company I no longer work for and even when I did work for them it was a discount for the service and for a little while accessories (pre-iPhone) then a few years later they removed the accessories discount and it was just for the service.

When the iPhone came out it was ONLY for the service and specifically stated no discount on iPhones devices and accessories.

Currently my data plan for my iPhone is about 20 bucks with my discount.

Yes I have to use the premier website at ATT to get the discount. I do/will not get it if I walk in any store. In my account manager on the ATT site I can click on "Upgrade" next to my phone and it takes me to the premier business site (ATT's normal site is Orange the Premier site is Blue).

4. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

How did you get a discount on your data plan? With my fan account they only applied it to my minutes and not my data or text messaging.

5. thekills macrumors member

I get a 15% discount on data and voice by default through my university.
    No discount on phone itself.
    Some accessories are discounted.

I ordered through the AT&T premier page for mu university and it was added automatically.

6. joro macrumors 68020

joro

It depends on the FAN code, some only offer discounts on certain aspects of the plan such as Voice only or Data only. My first employer only had a discount on Voice, so I was stuck with a full bill on Voice.

7. trina27 macrumors member

Completely dependent on the deal your company negotiates. I get discount on both voice and data plans. No discount on text. Some hardware specials, but none on iPhone.

8. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

Damn....well I might switch to my University account over my employer and maybe they will cover my data plan also.

9. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yep, that's similar to what I have.
    • 25% on Service
    • 50% on most Accessories and very few phones (thought they discontinued it, guess it's back, time to go shopping!)
    • Waived activation fee

No iPhone discount and no discount on the unlimited text messaging addon.