Anyone get the feeling...

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by im_to_hyper, Nov 5, 2007.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

... that the rest of the Mac world is moving "just too fast" for the rest of us?

I've been using Macs only for 5 years, but with the release of Leopard I feel like my PowerPC Mac has been left inadequate from this recent update. It seems like 10.3 does all I need it to do, as well as 10.4 for that matter. Just do the FrontRow and Photobooth hacks to G3 machines and be good to go!

Then again... 9.2.2 seems good enough at times on my previous G3 laptops.

I don't know, it seems like the computing world is moving too fast. For Windows computers, I still feel like 600MHz, 256MB RAM and Windows 2000 is satisfactory!

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Depends what you do I guess, old timer! :p

I know what you're saying... but times are a changing.

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Get used to it, it's only going to get faster. By the time you're an old man, you (and I) won't know what the hell is going on.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I feel like pulling out my Mac Classic to use MacDraw and play a game of Tetris... :(

5. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

I used to care less about upgrading, and went 4-6 years between new Apple computers.

I never even used OS 9 or Classic apps.

But a few months ago I sold my black MacBook to someone who had time to purchase AppleCare, and now I'm waiting for the right upgrade to come along. Now it's sell-and-upgrade when the time feels right.

It wasn't as easy to let go before, perhaps.