Anyone get their series 2 replaced with a series 3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by verdejt, Sep 28, 2018.

1. verdejt macrumors 6502

verdejt

I was wondering if anyone has sent their series 2 in for repair and received a series 3 as a replacement. My series 2 is acting up with a few issues. Currently the force touch stopped working about a month ago. I have removed all screen protectors and cleaned both front and back. Did a force reset and also a full reset and erase and pair as a new watch and not restore from a backup and the force touch still doesn't work. Also my battery life is abysmal it's a 100% charged at 630 when I put it on and but the end of my day it's down to 30 or 40%. In the past at the end of the day I would be down to only 65% at the lowest. My Apple Care runs out in December.

2. mkstewartesq@co macrumors regular

Other people’s experiences may differ, but, in my experience, this type of question comes up a lot – not only in the context of watches but also in the context of iPhones – and the short answer appears to be that, no, you don’t get a newer model as a replacement when an older model dies. For example, it is now 2018 and, when the iPhone 6 Plus that I bought in 2014 failed just a few weeks ago and my father-in-law, to whom I gave the phone, went into Apple for repair, they told him it was out of warranty and they could not repair it because they no longer had the parts - yet they still had spare iPhone 6 Pluses that they could replace his phone with for a fee.

tl;dr: they apparently keep really old models in stock for replacements for just this very situation.

3. verdejt thread starter macrumors 6502

verdejt

I'm ok with that. I am wondering if I should open a ticket for the force touch not working and the battery draining like crazy. If I do will they replace the watch for free or charge me the 69 dollars to replace it.

4. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I had my S2 replaced 2 weeks ago as the microphone wasn’t working. It was about 6 days before my 2 years AC+ expired. I did an express replacement and they replaced it with another S2

5. verdejt thread starter macrumors 6502

verdejt

Well I opened a ticket and doing the regular repair method. So I will be without a watch for a few days. No biggie, just means my wife will win our competition. I should have it back in time to complete whatever my October challenge is. I know they will send a series 2 but secretly hoping they screw up and send a series 3. I know not going to happen but it would be nice.