Anyone get their yellowed imac 27" screen replaced?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cflorio, Mar 5, 2010.

1. cflorio macrumors member

I've got a yellowed 27" imac .... I've been waiting to see what the fix is, there was an announcement last week or whatever that apple recognizes the problem.

I went to the genius bar today and they ordered a new display (item 661-5527) for replacing it in store. Anyone have this done and was it successful?

2. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I had mine replaced and I'm satisfied with it. I had exchanged my iMac out after the first one had a yellow screen, and I thought that the second one was good to go, as my window is usually only open in the middle of the screen, and that looked pretty good. After a while, I started to notice the yellow bands on the right and left side, so I said forget this, and had the Apple store order me a screen.

They told me at the time that Apple had a new part number for the screen, but they were both available to order. He ordered both with a preference for the new number. This screen looks very good, but it may be the reason why some order a new screen and its still yellow, as that screen ordered is the old part number and not the new one.

3. Lear2000 macrumors newbie

Yup - epic fail. Got less of a gray bar, but more yellow.

Yellow, like the lemon it is.

4. cflorio thread starter macrumors member

Any idea what the part numbers are?