Anyone get to resize the link bracelet?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by HopefulHumanist, Apr 11, 2015.

1. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

At my try-on appointment, the rep told me they weren't allowed to remove links from the band so it was really loose on my 180mm or so wrist. I'm just worried about how precise/tight a fit I can get on it, since the links are incremental in a different way to something like the Milanese loop.

The SS in general is heavier than the watch I wear once a week (for taking vitals at clinicals :D) but I figure it shouldn't be a problem as long as it doesn't move around a lot like my current watch.

Thoughts?

2. Patchwork macrumors member

The rep at my try on removed a couple of links and showed how easy this was to do. Basically you press down one of the little ovals you can see on the inside of the bracelet and the links come apart.

Unfortunately I can't say how well it adjusts as only tried it with the two links from one side removed and it was still pretty lose on my 170mm wrist (and 42mm watch size). Both the rep and I agreed that if we removed the same links from the other side it would have been better but we were running out of time. Have to say I was impressed with both the band and ease of adjustment though.

Also very impressed with the try on session and came away wanting the SS strap, the classic buckle and a white sport band. Curse you Apple for making so many nice things :)

3. andrewj macrumors member

I tried the link bracelet with the 42, and the rep adjusted it multiple times, and removed multiple links (I think at the end, may have removed 6 or more links). Seemed pretty easy to do. My one hesitation about this band is that it seems harder to put on than the Milanese band. Also the edges in the links are somewhat pinchy.

4. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

I went in to have my MBP serviced and it turned out they were actually looking for people to try on the watches so they could train the staff. They encouraged me to try removing and adding links. I had a great time, super easy and comfortable.

5. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

Can anyone tell me how many links are removable? Can you really remove enough to size down to 140mm like the sizing claims. I've only seen 4 on each side of the band in pictures and I would assume you have to leave one there so maybe 3 per side if that's the case?

Just curious to see how many can be taken off/how incremental the fitting can be

6. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yep ditto. My rep showed me how easy it was to remove the links. I fond it easier to put on than the !ilanese band but the I am used to doing it with my Rolex