Anyone get to try a SS Space Black today?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cosmic68, Apr 10, 2015.

1. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2007
    I tried SS in Covent Garden. I couldn't try the black as they 'didn't have a display model' which at the time I thought was unusual. Covent Garden is a big store.

Then reading other people's experiences today, lots also saying no SS black to try in different locations round the world.

Any thoughts why?
  2. whtrbt7 macrumors 65816

Jun 8, 2011
    The DLC PVD probably isn't done yet on a lot of units. It's a pretty lengthy process. That could also be the issue with the delivery times on those units.
  3. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2007
    It occurred to me that maybe they weren't that confident in the coating having to endure the general masses pawing it a lot.

It looked mint under the glass though, I really liked the look of it. Wish I'd had a chance to try.
  4. McRumour macrumors member

Oct 6, 2013
    Furthermore - Apple doesn't appear to provide a link for pre-order of a black stainless steel watch with the Milanese loop!

Has anyone found one?
  5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apr 3, 2011
    London, UK.
    Thats because there isn't one. You can only preorder the black stainless steel with a black link band.
  6. McRumour macrumors member

Oct 6, 2013
    So much for Apple chat:
    They just told me it CAN be ordered!
  7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Apr 15, 2008
    I wanted to order the black SS, but shipping at 1201 was june, I think. I therefore preordered a slate Sport and silver SS. One has shipping April 24-May 8.

Now I see black SS shows July shipping. WOW!

Guess I will wait and see which one I like...
  8. kramjam macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2008
    Been trying to find more photos of the Space Black Link. Seen a few, looks classy, but a tough choice between a normal link + a milanese for when I want to swap it out.
  9. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2008
    Yes, you can order a Space Black Watch with the Link band, and the Milanese loop separately.