Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jas1973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
mine just says will continue to since when my computer is available... any one discuss this yet?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Read the Beta 1 Release notes available to anyone who has legitimate access to the beta. They have the answer in them.

jas1973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
or you could just be a gent and let me know, sorry i missed that part in the notes. but you could of just said it is disabled. Instead of being a smartass and assuming i don't pay the developer fee's

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
or you could just be a gent and let me know, sorry i missed that part in the notes. but you could of just said it is disabled. Instead of being a smartass and assuming i don't pay the developer fee's

Had I wanted to break my NDA (which is what you've just done) I could have done so. But as I don't want to break the contract I signed I didn't.

trojanwr21

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
from what I understand, this feature isn't activated in beta1. I noticed the same thing on my iphone where it says it sync when my computer is available.

However, if you plug your iphone in to the usb port with the cable, the button becomes active and you'll be able to sync from the phone. Whether it is through wifi or through USB is another question...

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
from what I understand, this feature isn't activated in beta1. I noticed the same thing on my iphone where it says it sync when my computer is available.

However, if you plug your iphone in to the usb port with the cable, the button becomes active and you'll be able to sync from the phone. Whether it is through wifi or through USB is another question...

I'm almost positive it's not wifi ... I've used wifi sync, and while great, it's still slower than USB by a fair amount, and the syncing in iOS 5 isn't slow at all. That said, according to Apple as of now, you'll need the phone to be plugged into power source to wifi sync (when it goes live in a future beta) which seems useless because if you're going to plug it in to charge you're going to sync it too ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.