It sure looks like that's the route I'm taking... even though I'm a paid Apple Developer now, I think I'll just wait until Lion comes preinstalled on an iMac (i.e. not on one of those silly upgrade-only drop-in DVDs). The way things are looking right now, it seems that won't happen until 2012. (I have a Rev. D Intel iMac right now.) I am just fine with waiting until then... even going so far as to not upgrade to Lion when it's released to the general public.