Anyone getting a screen protector for use with the Apple Pencil, or is it not necessary?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by shyam09, Jun 7, 2017.

1. AnthonySager macrumors member

I am. Had a tempered glass one from Amazon on my 9.7" IPP and pencil worked flawlessly

2. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I ordered one, I'm afraid of not using screen protectors haha

3. dianestory2, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

dianestory2 macrumors 6502

4. Rugbydman macrumors member

Rugbydman

I would like one that is not slippy for the 12.9
    More of a paper like feel ?

5. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I decided on this one... Lifetime replacement, and company seems reputable. I'll send it back if I don't like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06VY7CWVR/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

6. eneisch macrumors 6502a

AmFilm makes good protectors. Got that brand for my Nintendo Switch and was very happy with them. For my iPad Pro 10.5 i ordered the same iCarez the Bootsie ordered because it will be delivered before my iPad is delivered on 6/13. The amFilm is back ordered and may not arrive in time. I like to put my screen protectors on right away! (Although I must admit I usually don't put one on my iPads, but got one this time because of the pencil.)

7. Rugbydman macrumors member

Rugbydman

Have you guys actually tried a Apple Pencil?
    I find it way too slippy. Looking for something that will have a little resistance

8. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

9. Rugbydman macrumors member

Rugbydman

Hi. I have seen this but can't find any reviews €19 for one sheet so don't want to jump straight in
    --- Post Merged, Jun 8, 2017 ---
    Found this too

10. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

It doesn't look like it's backordered any more. Short on stock perhaps, but available for 2 day shipping now. I also have the Switch protector for my daughter. Was a good investment - her 3DSXL screen is covered in scratches.

11. Rugbydman macrumors member

Rugbydman

I ordered the protector in the video. Will let you know when the iPad arrives

12. eneisch macrumors 6502a

Nintendo DS has a plastic screen and for some stupid reason the switch screen is plastic too. They should have used gorilla glass. Wish I had waited to get the amFilm since you get two for a lower price, but i was more concerned with having the screen protector when my iPad arrived.

13. cjhacker23 macrumors newbie

cjhacker23

14. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

They're shipping Friday next week, gave my survey yesterday. Will post with my thoughts when I have it in my hands... They will also be offering a 10.5 version, they confirmed this yesterday. I'd contact them through https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paperlike-write-on-ipad-pro-like-on-paper/#/ and ask about the 10.5 version. They said yesterday that people who had ordered the 9.7 version could PM them and change to the 10.5.

15. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

16. eneisch macrumors 6502a

The link you provided doesn't state the Moshi screen protector feels more like writing on paper rather than a smooth screen protector (which is what the Rugbydman asked for). Is your experience that using this screen protector feels more like writing on paper than most other screen protectors you've used in the past?

17. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

Very much so. It's a matte look/feel. I prefer it strongly over the "bare" iPad glass, however it's the only protector I have used.

18. eneisch macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the input!

19. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

20. epca12 macrumors regular

I don't think it's necessary but I had one and the pencil worked fine in my usage

21. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Thanks for confirming. Probably a known fact for months but was I never interested in the pro until buying the 10.5" today.

22. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

It looks like Moshi has some things in the pipeline, including iVisor screen protector. This from an email I just received from their customer support:

While our product design team has not announced an exact release date for our upcoming iPad 10.5" products, they have hinted that a VersaCover/VersaKeyboard/iVisor will be released in August 2017.

23. Retroglide08 macrumors member

Retroglide08

Was going to order a glass protector but after reading that some 'can' effect the accuracy of the pencil I've decided to get a matte film version. The matte texture could hopefully give a more textured paper effect