Anyone getting bonus upgrades in their refurb rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TwoFive3, Sep 20, 2013.

1. TwoFive3 macrumors member

Just curious if people ordering the base 15" retina macbook pros from the refurb store have been pleasantly surprised with more memory or a bigger ssd? I remember ordering a refurb imac and it came with twice the ram it said it would.

2. mattshort macrumors member

I didn't order a base, but I got exactly what I paid for (2.6/16/512). I was slightly hoping for a bump from the mid2012 to the early2013, but whatevs. I did manage to get a Samsung LCD/SSD though.

3. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I haven't heard of such things happening and they would be less likely to happen with the rMBP because the RAM can't be upgraded and the SSD isn't a standard SSD so upgrading it is not as easy/inexpensive. More memory in an iMac is a totally different situation since it can be upgraded.

4. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

5. leman macrumors 604

Yeah, people have reported things like that on number of occasions. My own experience with 'lucky mistakes' from the refurb store is that they forgot to put a WiFi card into the iMac :D

6. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Show me evidence..

If they don't post receipts and then their actual shipment - that means it is false fantasy.

7. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

And they should bother to prove something just to please you? Right.

I don't see any reason someone would lie about getting better components than they ordered. It would not be such a miracle if a refurb laptop was accidentally listed with wrong information. Humans make errors.

8. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

It happens. It's just extremely less likely these days with the rMBP.