Anyone getting either Paper or Facebook Notifications on their Watch???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by swandy, May 9, 2015.

1. swandy macrumors regular

I have both Paper (my preferred Facebook app) and now the normal Facebook app (as an experiment) installed on my iPhone 6. I have Notifications turned on for both (including Sounds, Badge App Icon, Show on Lock Screen and Banners). And I have both turned ON in the Apple Watch App where you have the listing for "Mirror iPhone Alerts". But I never get any notifications from either on my Watch. (And yes, I realize that there is no Watch app version of either out yet, but they are on the list of Mirror iPhone Alerts.)
    Anyone have any success?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. Fiestaman macrumors regular

I get Facebook notifications and I only have the main app.

3. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I believe Facebook only uses sounds for "important notifications" by default- which means that you wouldn't get notification haptics / sounds on the watch. You can go into your FB account settings and turn on sounds for all notifications and then you should get them on your watch.

That's what I did- hope that helps!
    Tuck

4. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I get Facebook notifications on my watch immediately. I don't have Paper installed (goes to check it out...)

5. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Tuck, but I had already changed that sounds setting.

To Sister Blue and Fiestaman - do you have ALL notifications checked? Because I only have about 6 of them set up. (And BTW - I have just deleted the Paper app to see if perhaps the two versions were conflicting with each other.)

6. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

I get them but they're pretty useless, as they don't tell you what the comment is.

7. TenTwelve macrumors newbie

I get FB messenger notifications but, I cannot return them on the watch.

8. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

Same here. None from the actual Facebook app.

9. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

Just got off the phone with Apple Support. And according to Apple's engineers who already have their Watches, they said that at this point no one should be getting any notifications from either of the Facebook apps (regular and Paper).
    Seems strange that some people claim they are. His point was that perhaps people are confusing notifications from Messenger (which I don't have installed) with ones from the normal Facebook apps.

10. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Which is why I turned them off after an hour.

----------

I was on the 24th, then I stopped pushing Facebook notifications because I realized they were useless on the watch if they weren't actionable. They don't give me enough information to be helpful.

11. Goalieed macrumors member

When the OP says he turned on sounds, was it in the notification section or the Facebook app itself? Facebook is strange in that it has a pile of configuration options in the settings part inside the app itself separate from the settings accessible on the iOS notification and Facebook panels.

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's strange as I was getting Facebook notifications on my watch but decided to disable them too as they weren't really useful.

13. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

For some reason today I started getting some - from the Paper app version of FB. And mine showed the text of the actual notification like "someone commented on a particular post", etc. But it is very hit or miss whether they come through or not.

14. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

LxTxNx

What's the point of getting Facebook notifications on your watch when there's no watch FB app?

15. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

Same as any other notifications IMHO - if they look interesting or important, then I take my iPhone out to check them. If not I just dismiss them.