Anyone getting iPhone could not be restored ( internal error occurred)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WizardHunt, Oct 12, 2011.

1. WizardHunt, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

WizardHunt macrumors demi-god

WizardHunt

I did the update for my iPad 2 with no problems took about 1 hour or less. However I am doing my iPhone 4 and it downloaded the software backed up my iPhone and then it came up with a error box :

The iPhone could not be restored. An internal error occurred.
    Why???

Did anyone else get this error?

2. RC83 macrumors 6502

3. Gaogier macrumors regular

4. Pianoplaynfool macrumors newbie

5. suttus macrumors newbie

Me too, tried 4 times not sure what to do now. Could it be a problem with apples servers?

6. dstunbound macrumors member

7. rwebb2 macrumors newbie

I had this problem on my iPad2.... I did a reset all settings and it seemed to do the trick, it's currently in update mode right now...

Hope this helps...

8. suttus macrumors newbie

Has the "reset all settings" worked for any iphone owners yet?

9. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I also had the same error on my iPhone 4. I called Apple Support and they said it is an issue with the update software. Apple Techs are working on it now. He said to try again in about 7 hours. He said I don't need to delete the update file. I did anyways and will try tomorrow. SUCKS.

10. dstunbound, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

dstunbound macrumors member

it's definitely a server issue

now my phone is in restore mode and I can't use it or do anything, sweetness

11. Gaogier macrumors regular

12. Iamjoshlee, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  13. suttus macrumors newbie

You can use RECBOOT if your device gets stuck in recovery mode.

14. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

Tried that and did not work. Apple Support says this is a software bug and the techs are working on it now.

15. freespeed macrumors member

Awesome, I think you just saved my life.

16. artrocker macrumors newbie

Internal error occurring

Waited all day checking to see if ios5 is out ( this time I wait till out officially ) and what happens internal error occurring thought may be it needed more space so deleted some apps giving it 2 gb spare on iPhone 3GS 32 gb , tried putting into dfu mode but same message came up. BTW Cannot wait to get iPhone 4s 24 days till upgrade and they Wont let me do it early tight ass Vodafone )

17. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

im getting this error over and over and over.

18. littleman23408 macrumors 6502

I was getting the error. I got it about 4 or 5 times. Now it reads "cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporary unavailable"
    Will have to try later

19. ZAiPhone macrumors member

So I tried the new iPhone iOS5 update and failed. The Apple store broke my phone trying. They gave me a new one free :D Sitting across from me at the apple store is John Popper lead singer of Blue Traveller. The "Genius" said the problem was the authentication server could not be reached. Love the :apple: customer care. Not impressed with the new data center.

20. mlblacy macrumors 6502

recboot did nothing for me...

stuck in endless loop of hell...

21. TheKingIV macrumors member

Yea I am stuck here too...what do we do? I've tried doing the hard reset, and putting it in DFU mode and all that, but after I try to restore it, it's like the phone doesn't respond at all. The screen just stays the same (either black, or the "plug into iTunes thing) no matter what.

Now the phone is just continuously resetting. The Apple logo will come up, then the circle thing, then the Apple Logo with the bar under it where it is trying to load something for a few seconds, then it goes straight back to the circle loading icon...Over and over again.

Any advice? When I hard reset, sometimes it cuts off then won't come on for about 10 minutes after fooling around on it.

Is there an issue on the computer end I can fix?

----------

What is RecBoot?

22. hobe12 macrumors newbie

So I had the exact same problem and after searching online for a while found a solution:

Do the hard reset (home button and power button) and after the apple screen comes on, release the power button and continue to hold the home button for an additional 10 seconds. After that, iTunes should recognize your and iPhone is plugged in and give you the option to restore it.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Hope that helps

23. solz, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

solz macrumors newbie