Anyone getting nervous about in-store sale?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msduncan, Mar 10, 2011.

1. msduncan macrumors 6502

I'm getting there just after lunch, but there is a voice inside me saying this might not be early enough?

What say you? Are you getting nervous about the time you intend (or are available) to go stand in line?

OR.....am I overreacting because Apple always gets enough stock in to handle most people? I admit that this is my first Apple store camp out....

2. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

they normally have a LOT in stock

especially since they didnt take pre-orders to estimate necessary stock..id expect them to be pretty full

3. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

These are $500+tax luxury items. I don't think you need to worry too much about inventory...it's not like apple is stupid enough to make less of these ipad2 after they realize how much of a success the first one is.

4. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

So you guys feel there's very little chance that Apple Stores will run out of stock even if you get there at 4p-5p???

5. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I say after lunch would be perfect. I wish I was able to get there THAT early.. so good for you!

6. Nads786 macrumors member

My biggest issue is that I want the 16gb wifi black. I think that model is probably going to be the most sought after. We have 3 apple stores in the western suburbs of Chicago so hopefully I should be good.

7. zenio macrumors 6502

This is the most _____ thread !

Some people have very simple lives.

8. Mitch2742 macrumors member

I am nervous, although I'm getting to the Apple store around 2:15.

9. msduncan thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad yours is simple enough to have enough time to reply to it.

My general rule of thumb in life:

If someone is having a conversation at work I'm not interested in, I get my coffee and leave the room quietly.

If someone is having an email conversation I'm not interested, I delete the email and move on.

If someone posts a thread online I'm not interested in, I pass on it and read the next one.

Do me a favor: next time you hear someone talking about something you don't care about... go up to them and tell them how stupid they are for talking about something so uninteresting. I'm sure it will go over well.

10. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I am thinking I will go earlier than I originally planned, but that's mostly because I want to be able to leave by 6pm to meet people for dinner. I'm not worried about getting one, just worried about time in line after it starts moving at 5.

11. leenak macrumors 68020

I'm guessing if you show up by closing time at an Apple store, you'll get the iPad you want. Possibly even by closing time Saturday.

Target? Walmart? Best Buy? who knows.

12. deadwalrus macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lol. I will get off work, grab a nice dinner, walk into the Apple store around 8 when done, buy one, go home, fire it up, then browse to here to mock the people who wasted X precious hours of their lives standing in line giggling like school girls, fretting that there are 1.5 million people as Apple-crazed as they are with $600+ to blow, which is what would be needed to actually sell this device out on Friday night.

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

good reply on that post ... hope you get your iPad tomorrow :cool:

14. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I went to Best Buy on launch day for the original iPad probably at 2 in the afternoon...they had a ton. Still had them the next day. I can't imagine that the iPad 2 (which isn't THAT much different than the first, if you really think about it) will sell out any faster. But if they do, they will get more.